Toronto 629 King Residences (was Thompson Residences) | 53.34m | 15s | Freed | Saucier + Perrotte

10 May 2014: You always gotta have faith in S+P for delivering the best. And OMG with the sun rising and my camera I hope I captured the S+P magic!
MDMP1ky.jpg

X9oEkIw.jpg

q5Sv8fg.jpg

MDMP1ky.jpg

occupancy was original slated for jan 2015
2 observations with their new site: http://thompsoncondos.com/

#1) front page says move in spring 2015 (i guess i saw that coming)
#2) the new rendering of the rooftop pool is divided into 3 sections. can't say i really like that :(

That rendering of the pool makes me want to vomit. A bunch of douchebags, getting drunk, partying like they're in a night club. I anticipate this will be a big problem just like it was and is at Thompson Hotel.

That rendering of the pool makes me want to vomit. A bunch of douchebags, getting drunk, partying like they're in a night club. I anticipate this will be a big problem just like it was and is at Thompson Hotel.

i'm going to assume you didn't buy a unit here:)

Was it really a problem at the Thompson, but that's a hotel so its a little different context wise.

I love aspects King West, but would never live there for this reason. It's turning into a Richmond Street except now the 905ers don't leave after they're done, they live here. I'll visit for BarHop and a couple other restaurants, but I'm always thankful when I return to the east end. Downtown is becoming a boring crap heap of forced "culture" mass-marketed to the trend obsessed.

There was a liquor license application for a capacity of 1,300 in this project, which was applied for before the building was even under construction. I wonder how many buyers know that?

I love aspects King West, but would never live there for this reason. It's turning into a Richmond Street except now the 905ers don't leave after they're done, they live here. I'll visit for BarHop and a couple other restaurants, but I'm always thankful when I return to the east end. Downtown is becoming a boring crap heap of forced "culture" mass-marketed to the trend obsessed.

Agreed. Hell, I don't even like hanging out there anymore. It's just blech now. I have a friend who lives at Thompson and whenever I go there on the weekend I feel like I'm in a night club. I'm assuming people who bought there want that kind of lifestyle but just not for me. Thing about King West is there are some very nice lofts there and I wish I could pick them up and dump them along King East.

Clubland just moved West and got a little more expensive, that's all.

There was a liquor license application for a capacity of 1,300 in this project, which was applied for before the building was even under construction. I wonder how many buyers know that?

When I was shopping for a place here a long time ago, the salesperson did make aware that the roof top pool area could be used occasionally by the hotel for special events or bookings. I don't remember if this was ever mentioned in the marketing materials.
I really agree that the new rendering of the pool area looks unfortunately extra douchey, not unlike the scene at the Thompson Hotel pool deck and even many of the other roof top pools in the city on a hot weekend, notably Cityplace.

The original penthouse suites were huge with its own upper level access to a private cabana-style patio facing the pool. Most of these PH units were eventually subdivided and more than half of the private patios were eliminated in the process. I'd guess there isn't a market for $1+ million suites that face a spring break pool party.
The building is made up of mostly small 1-BR units between 380 and 600 sq.ft. which was my reason not to purchase here.

I agree with TheKingEast that King West is getting more and more obnoxious. I try to avoid going east of Bathurst on King at night on a weekend.

Wouldn't that make them 416ers now?

Man you guys sound like you're posting from your porch yelling at the damn younguns to get off your lawn.

It seems that way, but some of these "kids" take it too far from loud music throughout the night to smoking weed to vandalism. I've seen it all in that building. This is a building with $750K $1M units. Would hate to drop $1M on a unit and have to deal with vomit on my balcony every weekend (I'm exagerating of course). I imagine this is common for a lot of people. Kids moving out of the house for the 1st time and have no dondo living ettiquette. I sound old as hell but I'm not.

Back