Toronto 591 Sherbourne | 152.65m | 51s | Medallion | Arcadis

I'm glad the corner building is still there (and presumably pretty much there forever now). While it could use some restoration work, it's fundamentally a nice little building. Also as far as I can tell, that EggSmart is pretty popular so I'm not surprised it's sticking around too.

I'm glad the corner building is still there (and presumably pretty much there forever now). While it could use some restoration work, it's fundamentally a nice little building. Also as far as I can tell, that EggSmart is pretty popular so I'm not surprised it's sticking around too.

I agree. It's almost like a mini Gooderham building. Cool little building.

It will be restored and incorporated into the podium:

21509-63828.jpeg

I live right above the worksite facing north east. Interesting to see how fast they are moving now - are those columns for a crane or the actual structure? The crane in the photo is behind the site… yet another tower on Howard north side

I live right above the worksite facing north east. Interesting to see how fast they are moving now - are those columns for a crane or the actual structure? The crane in the photo is behind the site… yet another tower on Howard north side

In order:

Welcome to UT; great first post; I look forward to more updates of this site in the future!

And, to answer your question, they are for shoring.

Which is the manner in which the soil is held up when excavation begins.

Here's a good explainer from UT:

In order:

Welcome to UT; great first post; I look forward to more updates of this site in the future!

And, to answer your question, they are for shoring.

Which is the manner in which the soil is held up when excavation begins.

Here's a good explainer from UT:

Ah makes sense! Thanks for the info. I’ll keep posting updates as they come along!

Back