Toronto 591 Sherbourne | 152.65m | 51s | Medallion | Arcadis

Ha, I wonder when @GenerationLee was by.....because we missed each other....

I was also by here on July 19th, 2023:

DSC02084.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

Stopped and asked some questions, piles almost done, then the perimeter (horizontals) go in, excavation target ~ 3 weeks.

Strange indeed! I think I was there after you. According to my image files, I was there just before 3.

I don't think I can express in words how strangely different this area will feel when both these towers are done. I refer to the other one as in the one to the south.

Strange indeed! I think I was there after you. According to my image files, I was there just before 3.

I don't think I can express in words how strangely different this area will feel when both these towers are done. I refer to the other one as in the one to the south.

According to my camera, the pics were taken in/around 1:45pm

Sure seems as if the construction here has come to a screeching halt. All equipment is gone, gate remains closed and locked for several straight days. Even the construction trailer with the oh-so-ironical-name has been pulled from the site. Now all we have is a thriving (okay, debatable,) green park replaced with a fenced-in 3-storey deep hole.

Or have plans changed and an eyesore, over-priced, cookie-cutter, monument to government corruption and corporate greed is OUT and a brand new mega outdoor swimming pool and diving centre IN?!

Aforementioned trailer
IMG_1776.jpeg

This official city posting notice soliciting public input popped up on the perimeter fence a few days ago. I can't recall ever seeing one of these anywhere else in the city. Assuming the developer has made the request to "severe a portion of land for the purpose of a lot addition." No other information is included and it's a fast deadline (15-Nov) on which to comment.

Also noting the posting refers to 589 Sherbourne St. (Not 591 Sherbourne as is being used here on UrbanToronto.)

Attachments

• IMG_2288.jpeg
    IMG_2288.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 21
Project still seems to be stalled. Anyone know what's going on?

Best I can tell, they don't have any permits in place to start rising.

The STR permit is 'under review'; the mechanical and plumbing were both refused.

Best I can tell, they don't have any permits in place to start rising.

The STR permit is 'under review'; the mechanical and plumbing were both refused.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of issues; surprised they went ahead and started digging before these things were approved. I was under the impression that maybe they were stalling given the financial situation these days with high mortgage rates, etc. Or is it common to apply for different permits while in the process of constructing, and that the various permits don't all come at once?

Back