Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

I wasn't expecting to see that structure at all. I assume it was in the original renderings, though I don't recall. There looks to be some kind of bars or something in the middle of it. Any idea what those are, current?

I was also not expecting to see it and looks like it is there to stay. When I first saw the structure it reminded me of the nearby Bathurst Street bridge.

There looks to be some kind of bars or something in the middle of it. Any idea what those are, current?

They looked like chrome "table legs" and they were still covered in protective plastic. They were of different heights so I do not know what their ultimate function will be. Could it become an outdoor patio area for a hotel cafe with a reflecting pool on one side and the park on the other side of the road?

Last edited:
I don't suppose the cooling tubes could keep the ice frozen in weather like this, but is the goal to have a nearly year long skating rink? I don't remember any mention of it. It's a bit small, but neat nonetheless.

I had no idea that there's a skating rink. As for the patio I've never seen anything quite like it. What an amazing project this has turned out to be.

If that piece of hidiousness was blocking my view of the park from my condo, I would ask for my money back. What an aesthetic disaster.

If that piece of hidiousness was blocking my view of the park from my condo, I would ask for my money back. What an aesthetic disaster.

Though, as you can see if you go there, the shrubs growing outside the ground floor apartments and the trees beyond them are already starting to screen the park from view. And Scarpetta's patio.

Back