Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

You can't tell from these photos, but those various-sized light fixtures have a really cool twinkle effect as you move around beneath them. They're LED inside with 2 different layers of reflector/diffusers beneath them - makes them look like illuminated jewelry.

Agree about the furniture, though - hopefully that stuff is temporary. The mural probably worked a whole lot better in someone's mind, too.

I agree, the furniture needs to be much larger and bolder to stand out from that busy mural.
The seating arrangement didn't seem to be well thought out.

The Thomson Hotel Toronto is now open.

Toronto Life - Thompson Hotel opening: pillow fights, pool parties and an hour wait for the rooftop
The Compendium - (Interior Pics near the Bottom)
The Compendium - (Pictures from the Grand Opening Event)

atmosphere3.jpg

Source: Toronto Life

The hotel actually looks very nice -- nothing I haven't seen before, but still nice.
The lobby and bar looks much better in these later photos.

The pool doesn't look like it was made for swimming laps.

I was told the rooftop pool at the future Thompson Residences across the street could be closed off for private events for the hotel. The pool at the Residences will be much larger.

I was underwhelmed as well by the pictures of the lobby posted on here, but I came here for lunch at their new 24hr diner The Counter and it all looks MUCH better in real life. The scale of the mural and the scant furnishings actually looked funky and elegant and I was impressed when I walked in. The counter was excellent too by the way. Very delicious and I will def be going there for nosh after a night out sometimes.

Back