Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

And the last time I checked (not that I ever have), it was impossible to officially confer a higher mark than an A+. Those who believe that this building is worthy of such a grade failed to specify that there existed such a 10% 'grey zone' and in lieu of such information, inferred that it was, essentially, perfect.

I got 110% on an exam once. That would be an A with many +'s after it.

Saw some photos on the facebook site. What's with the half wall tiling job around the bathtub? I'd be pissed.

The half wall tiling around the bathtub is actually something that the owner has customized, that is not standard from the the builder. bathrooms with half wall tiling around the bathub have a separate stand shower so you never use the bathtub to have a shower, that is why the tile is half wall for the bathtub

We have some of our LED lighting products in this building and I've had a chance to get inside some of the public areas and suites. Quite nice.

I'm not a fan of the way the ground level suites meet the street, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

The hotel lobby is going to be beautiful - as will the lighting in the lobby ;)

Hot off the press - new video from Freed for Thompson Residences. Not this thread but interesting none the less.

I have been thinking about those projections from each suite out on the King elevation with no balconies.
We should rename this development the "Pigeon Stoop" Residences.
Watch the video.

[video=youtube;Uvb7juR_rIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvb7juR_rIU[/video]

That entrance add on that looks like the previous building, but now looks like shit due to its clashing with the beautiful tower portion really bothers me...would have looked great with just regular glass doors and some signs for the hotel.

Back