Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

I agree that the spokespeople in the video aren't very stylish or hip looking considering the message they're touting. Maybe Toronto just needs better cool people.

The honourable thing, Tewder, would be to offer yourself as the first to be replaced by someone more in keeping with your ideal.

Well, I thought it was funny.

The honourable thing, Tewder, would be to offer yourself as the first to be replaced by someone more in keeping with your ideal.

Well, I thought it was funny.

Well I don't live in Toronto so instead I'd have to offer my services as a hipster import;)

What is this strange contraption in front of this hotel? Is it for retail or something? It looks like it would be good for a restaurant, with an open patio on the top. Does anybody know what this structure is for? I've never seen one like this built on a building in Toronto. It just looks kinda strange.

18tueoct27westtoronto09.jpg

By torontovibe, shot with DSC-N1 at 2009-10-27

Last edited:
Don't know if a UTer wrote that (you're probably right grey) but I bet someone will comment that the Ritz is in King West, not Yorkville.

I wonder it the 'small town' comment is referring to the richness of Toronto's neighbourhoods that are so central to the city?

The comment from the Rochester individual is heartening though, and reminds the jaded among us that Toronto does indeed have a lot to offer.

Thompson Hotel Toronto To Open (Like a Lion?) in March

While Thompson Hotels is busying itself with "Thompsonizing" The Hotel Sax in Chicago, they shan't forget about our neighbors to the North.

When we last checked in with Thompson Toronto, it was June and they were hinting at a 2010 opening. Judging from Thompson's past hotel opening delays we figured Summer 2010 would be a kind estimate. But Thompson COO Stephen Brandman has told us they are looking at March 2010 and they seem very confident in that date.

Now, the old adage says "March comes in like a lion but goes out like a lamb" yet we say that with the Thompson's penchant for soft-openings, TT will come in like a lamb and go out like a lion in June or so, when the rooftop bar and pool are ready to open.

Meanwhile, the Thompson Hotels website still says "Opening 2009."

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2009/11/10/16731/897/hotels/Thompson_Hotel_Toronto_To_Open_Like_a_Lion_in_March

Back