Toronto 55 Yonge | 236.21m | 66s | H&R REIT | PARTISANS

Ah! It's these 2 buildings! They've got nothing to do with the CC3 assembly but there are definite shadowing issues to consider vis-à-vis Berczy Park and St. James Park. I imagine 66 storeys is fine for both.

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.10.46 PM.png

Source

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.06.11 PM.png

Source

Last edited:
This is exciting! I'm so glad to see more residential (especially rental!) space being brought to the financial district, especially now, the path could benefit from regular foot traffic by locals over relying on outside traffic.

Anyways for those confused on the position of this development I photoshopped a better angle using the render to contextualize it. (The spire is on the wrong corner of this perspective just so you know!)

Photo via Google Streetview:

Y1.jpg

Here you go
From the project website:
Our proposal is for a 66-storey residential and office tower, with:
- Retail space, as well as office and residential lobby space, at ground level
- 13 levels of new office space in the building’s podium, replacing the amount of office space
currently on site
- 2 levels of underground parking
- Residential tower portion including 482 units, including a mix of studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom units

Some larger renderings:

1615777942485.png

1615777925925.png

1615777894820.png

1615778302707.png

Massing model:

1615778281608.png

I'm just waiting the Mr. End to throw cold water on all of us here over this...

...but wouldn't that be amazing if that project came to fruition as presented. Wow.

Last edited:
Overall, I'm quite taken by the proposal.

My one big question mark, so far..........is the material palate.

Done properly this could be quite handsome.

Done with Plaza or Tridel level value-engineering...........

Lets hope not.

Ah! It's these 2 buildings! They've got nothing to do with the CC3 assembly but there are definite shadowing issues to consider vis-à-vis Berczy Park and St. James Park. I imagine 66 storeys is fine for both.

Have to await the shadow studies for confirmation, but at first blush, I don't see any issues here for either of those spaces.

Back