Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

500sherbournebl9.jpg

Wow, I must be out of it.
When did this project change to 2 towers?
I recall at the beginning of sales the shorter tower on the right was proposed as a series of stacked townhouses. :confused:

Dec 28 Update

500 Sherbourne from above, facing east

It looks so weird how they're separated somehow, idk, this rendering is somehow wrong.

Well for one, 500 Sherbourne isn't in the middle of a forest. The separation probably won't look as awkward in it's actual surroundings.

From Sherbourne Street

That beige is killing me. I thought it would be the same shade as The Verve's precast, which is what the render hints at.

Ugh..

To be fair, the material (concrete?) seems to go beige when wet. When dry, it's less beige.

Sigh...

The colour of the precast is a lot darker then in the renderings.

I like the colour-- a very subtle and attractive tone.

And i LOVE the angled legs at the base of this building. A small touch that makes a strikingly positive difference.

lecorbusiervilleradieusry1.jpg

Last edited:
The colour of the precast is a lot darker then in the renderings.

Which is pissing this future owner off. The colour was supposed to be the same as the precast on the Verve (a light gray). This is 70's beige.

Some segments are crooked and have gaps. I complained to the sales team, and they seemed to think that the crew will plaster the bad spots....

Which is pissing this future owner off. The colour was supposed to be the same as the precast on the Verve (a light gray). This is 70's beige.

Some segments are crooked and have gaps. I complained to the sales team, and they seemed to think that the crew will plaster the bad spots....

Cracks and the like are normal during construction. Don't worry about it too much. They usually do a good job cleaning it up when they're all done.

Regarding the colour, it all comes down to the glass but I also thought it was going to be closer to Verve's colour.

We'll see!

I find Verve to be attractive, but a very dismal and gloomy grey colour.
This light tan is much easier on my eyes.

To each their own though-- and the rendering indeed looks Verve grey.

Back