Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

I hope I'm posting this on the right "section"...

So, the lobby furniture arrived yesterday, very clean lines. I like the overall style but I'm not too sure about the color choice & also the individual pieces.

I guess it'll all be set up for Thur's meet & greet. A few nice paintings on the wall will be nice.

Thanks shelfun ... please do share some photos of 500's common areas as it all comes together~

Cheers!

I took a quick peak at the bar/lounge area...it looks nice. Didn't get a good look at the furniture.

I have found my 1st gripe with the building and it's the absolutely ugly carpeting in the hallways... sadly someone was paid to pick this ugly carpeting.

Unfortunately JayBee, I'm gonna have to agree. When I first saw it I couldn't believe my eyes. I tried to convince myself that I'll grow to like it & I'm still trying; real hard. I'm starting to tell myself that it's not my taste doesn't mean it's bad taste. Makes me feel better that way.

Anyway, I hope to see you on Thur, JayBee.

Solaris, I'll be taking some pictures this weekend. I think it's suppose to be sunny & by then the furniture should all be set up. I'll try to take some pictures of our unit too though it's still empty. Furniture for our unit won't arrive till another 6weeks!

I was in the building yesterday, and I agree about the carpet, although I don't think it's THAT bad. You should see the Verve's hallway carpet.

There is furniture in the party room as well. It's not amazing, but not too shabby.

There are still deficiencies on the outside of the building: cracked and chipped precast, discolourations, stains, gaps... Is the developer obligated to address these issues? How can we put pressure on them? I think it's reasonable to expect that the exterior materials that can be seen from street level be in good shape.

I was checking out the lobby yesterday. There are still a lot of deficiencies with the precast in the lobby/lounge. I may start photographing them. Again, since this is a common area, I don't know who PDI's it.

The lounge area is decent, although I still think it will be useless. The beige couch's suck... I mean, it's beige overkill. This would have been a nice chance to add some colour. Oh well. Also, the electric fireplace is lame. I think a free-standing ethanol fireplace would have been much nicer.

while I agree ethanol fireplaces are better looking than a electric fireplace, but in all fairness, who's going to be refueling the free-standing ethanol fireplace every so often? it will just take more resources to keep it burning IMO

It's been a pleasant surprise how well this project has turned out... the boutique building at the back blends in very well with Tridel's Verve (and shows it up a bit I think - it has more presence).

500Sherbourne2pano.jpg

It's interesting how Toronto's north east side (south of Bloor of course) has flourished over the last few years but anything to the south hasn't picked up much (North of say Queen [maybe even a bit south of that]) I wonder if that'll change over the next few years.

I'd suspect a trickle down effect may occur from the north to the south. The issue here though is Queen E from say Jarvis till you cross the humber is probably one of the poorest / dense concentrate of homeless shelters in Toronto so that'll be a lot to overcome.

Last edited:
It's interesting how Toronto's north east side (south of Bloor of course) has flourished over the last few years but anything to the south hasn't picked up much (North of say Queen [maybe even a bit south of that]) I wonder if that'll change over the next few years.

I'd suspect a trickle down effect may occur from the north to the south. The issue here though is Queen E from say Jarvis till you cross the humber is probably one of the poorest / dense concentrate of homeless shelters in Toronto so that'll be a lot to overcome.

I think you mean the Don, but I get your point. South of Queen looks quite good though in comparison I guess.

That's not the only reason. The area from Jarvis to the Don, Queen to Wellesley is an area with a lot of charming, historic homes. Just about every residential street is linded with some of the most beautiful homes in Toronto, so there is not as much developable land as people think. There is much more empty/deveopable land north and south of this area.

July 11 Update - South Views from the 27th Floor

SHERBOURNEConstructionWellesleyMagi.jpg

Wellesley-Magill Park (see new Art Wall on South Side)

SHERBOURNEConstructionSouthViewSuns.jpg

South View

SHERBOURNEConstructionSouthViewSher.jpg

Sherbourne Street and the East Bayfront

SHERBOURNEConstructionSouthViewVerv.jpg

Southwest View with the Verve Tower

Back