Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

Somebody broke into the site, climbed up to the top, and jumped off today around 6:30pm. Sherbourne is closed from Isabella to Wellesley.

yup... Body of a lady landed on Sherbourne Road.

What's Times Group gonna do about selling the remaining units on the East side?! Or does it really affect the sales/purchase?

Somebody broke into the site, climbed up to the top, and jumped off today around 6:30pm. Sherbourne is closed from Isabella to Wellesley.

as long as the media doesn't make a big fuss about it, it should sell just fine. As long as people don't know about it. Or if they're worried, they can drop the price significantly and i'll take it :D

that's kind of dramatic to climb 30+s ... one would think there are 100's of less exhausting places to go to jump.

I suppose this is one of the major (and valid) reasons why builders have to keep heavy security on construction sites ~

as long as the media doesn't make a big fuss about it, it should sell just fine. As long as people don't know about it. Or if they're worried, they can drop the price significantly and i'll take it :D

I'll get another if the price drops significantly.

Not that it would have been difficult for someone to break into the site. Quite a bit of the hoarding has been torn down recently to allow for some of the ground floor work to be done. When I walked by it last night you could literally walk into the unfinished lobby of the building from the sidewalk without having to climb any sort of barrier

What's Times Group gonna do about selling the remaining units on the East side?! Or does it really affect the sales/purchase?

i'm just curious, has anyone find any article related to this incident? i've been searching, but no luck.

i'm just curious, has anyone find any article related to this incident? i've been searching, but no luck.

The media have a longstanding policy of NEVER reporting on suicides (with the exception of murder/suicides). You will never read about the "jumpers" who throw themselves in front of subway trains or off the nearest bridge or balcony. The fear is that reporting these suicides will in some way encourage others. I think this is a good policy.

The media have a longstanding policy of NEVER reporting on suicides (with the exception of murder/suicides). You will never read about the "jumpers" who throw themselves in front of subway trains or off the nearest bridge or balcony. The fear is that reporting these suicides will in some way encourage others. I think this is a good policy.

Very true, another women jumped off the Islington bridge in front of a GO train today (she missed the train by about 20ft, not sure how this is possible since its only about a 50ft drop). None the less, trains were delayed due to a "police investigation" and thats all that was said about it.

On another note women are getting rather brave these days as its usually only men who chose to end their lives in such dramatic fashion.

I wonder if anyone's been speculating on Michael Jackson having a "Rudolph Valentino" effect on his female fans...

Why would this affect sales? (Other than there being one less potential customer.)

Last edited:

I was also wondering why there was no report of it in the news. That would explain it.

Back