Toronto 50 at Wellesley Station | 114.9m | 37s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

The house behind it is now a pile of rubble. I imagine that the wolf will soon huff and puff and blow the building down. I don't consider it a loss, but one wonders if any attempt will be made to save the glass and brick for recycling or is it strictly landfill.

The same company demolished the municipal building at 590 Jarvis (X condo site). They do recycle as much as possible. Pro-Green. Fits their name.

September 23rd, the rear of 46 Wellesley St. E. where the old home used to be which was razed about two weeks ago. Not much activity since. Perhaps the inside of the structure is being stripped

46WellesleyEast-2_Sept23-07.jpg

46WellesleyEast-1_Sept23-07.jpg

"The Claws" at work at about 5pm, Sept. 25th. This baby will be a pile of rubble by Thursday.

46-Wellesley_Sept25-07.jpg

Here's a 26-storey rendering from a while ago, not sure how accurate it is.

50_WellesleySt.E_28stories.jpg

dt toronto geek: thanks for posting that.

without a detailed rendering though, it's hard to tell exactly how fugly that building is going to look, although I can comfortably predict that if the design does resemble that line drawing, it will be reasonably fugly.

46 Wellesley (or is it really "50 Wellesley" now?) at 1pm and 4:30pm on Wednesday Sept. 26th

46Wellesley_Sept26_1pm.jpg

46Wellesley_Sept26_5pm.jpg

46 Wellesley (or is it really "50 Wellesley" now?) at 1pm and 4:30pm on Wednesday Sept. 26th

46Wellesley_Sept26_1pm.jpg
I must have missed you by about 5 minutes. Boy, I wish I could play with the claw for a couple of hours. I'm well impressed with the precision with which he dismantled the concrete blocks at the top right of what is now the front wall - perfect diagonal.

It looks so beautiful now. I think they should leave it like that, with the remaining upper brick level still intact, and all the lovely exposed cinderblock. My heart sings with joy.

I'm trying to remember if I ever saw it being built. 1970's I assume.

Back