Toronto 50 at Wellesley Station | 114.9m | 37s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

An embarrassment. This is truly despicable. I hope buyers can file a lawsuit. This is like pre-ordering an S-Class and getting a used Tercel. Classic bait and switch.

An embarrassment. This is truly despicable. I hope buyers can file a lawsuit. This is like pre-ordering an S-Class and getting a used Tercel. Classic bait and switch.
I am one of the buyer and I just did my PDI yesterday. To be honest, I am very happy with the interior finish and the whole building design. I know there are a lot of people in this forum hate this building, but love its neighbour VOX. I guess those people do not have to live in VOX and do not have to wait for one of the only two elevators every morning and afternoon. At least, 50 Wellesley has 4 elevators and people do not have to worry too much about elevator waiting time. I do not like those balcony patterns either. But compared to the elevator and interior layout, those ugly patterns are nothing.

I am one of the buyer and I just did my PDI yesterday. To be honest, I am very happy with the interior finish and the whole building design. I know there are a lot of people in this forum hate this building, but love its neighbour VOX. I guess those people do not have to live in VOX and do not have to wait for one of the only two elevators every morning and afternoon. At least, 50 Wellesley has 4 elevators and people do not have to worry too much about elevator waiting time. I do not like those balcony patterns either. But compared to the elevator and interior layout, those ugly patterns are nothing.

But none of that has anything to do with the exterior aesthetics. It has working elevators. Great. But they still bait and switched the hell out of this thing and for those who may wonder why they would do this? Well, some are just happy to have working elevators. Builder should be held accountable for the outside as well as the inside.

But none of that has anything to do with the exterior aesthetics. It has working elevators. Great. But they still bait and switched the hell out of this thing and for those who may wonder why they would do this? Well, some are just happy to have working elevators. Builder should be held accountable for the outside as well as the inside.
Please do not forget this is a residential condo. The main function is to live comfortably inside, not just to look pretty from outside. On this point, 50 Wellesley is much better VOX.

Please do not forget this is a residential condo. The main function is to live comfortably inside, not just to look pretty from outside. On this point, 50 Wellesley is much better VOX.

But you do realize what website you are on, right? When do we even talk about interiors? Do you see pictures of interiors here? That's why each project has 2 threads. One for real estate (interiors, build quality, etc) and a building thread where we talk about the exterior of the building. That's besides the point. The finished product looks nothing like what was promised. I mean, pure aesthetics, Vox blows this out of the water. Is 50 Wellesley better built? Maybe. But that doesn't matter in this discussion.

But you do realize what website you are on, right? When do we even talk about interiors? Do you see pictures of interiors here? That's why each project has 2 threads. One for real estate (interiors, build quality, etc) and a building thread where we talk about the exterior of the building. That's besides the point. The finished product looks nothing like what was promised. I mean, pure aesthetics, Vox blows this out of the water. Is 50 Wellesley better built? Maybe. But that doesn't matter in this discussion.
Of course build quality also matters, and how many elevators there are matter. It's all up for discussion.

Of course build quality also matters, and how many elevators there are matter. It's all up for discussion.

Cmon. You know a discussion about interiors would get moved to the real estate thread.

Regardless, what do elevators have to do with how crappy this thing looks?

Yes, suite interior shots would be moved to the Real Estate section, but pretty much anything else about the buildings are fair game here: these threads are not exclusively about looks.

this building would have looked amazing if they used black glass for the zigzag pattern that crawls up the building.

The entire sidewalk on the north side of Wellesley between Yonge and Church is now whole again, after years of construction. Hope this building will at least have a nice café or interesting retail, not another chain drug store or bank branch.

1CD7D0EF-E6B1-4C47-9FB0-AD69F500B496.jpeg

A44CD042-C147-4F5F-8EC3-8046E4CCE80C.jpeg

I passed by this building the other day. The balcony glass is very unfortunate as the pattern on it looks like they are either broken or have pieces of masking tape across each one for protection. It's a huge fail and missed opportunity as it doesn't add but makes the exterior look like it will be forever under construction or unfinished. The pattern should have been inverted with the clear portions being fritted instead and not have every panel be the same repeated criss-cross or X-patterns.
The completed copper-coloured branches over the entry look nice, but I didn't get a chance to take a photo of it.

yongerich1.jpg
yongerich2.jpg

Last edited:

Back