Toronto 4800 Yonge Street | 168.24m | 49s | Menkes | Arquitectonica

IMG_5894.jpeg

Usually, we'll see continuous forming with lines of cement truck for a few days - throughout night and day,... as they pour concrete for a strong base,... but here, they're doing continuous forming every weekend, sometimes just Saturday, sometime Sunday too,... sometimes on northside along Sheppard,... sometimes along southside at Bogert,.... but generally only on weekend,... then they come back following weekend,... been happening for months now,... I know there's that weird Subway bend below,... but I've never seen this process of continuous forming only on weekends,... image taken last Saturday,... and I'm sure they'll be doing the same this Saturday!
1717122630993.png

Why does the downtown seem so close in the photo, it's quite a distance from North York is it not?

Probably a combination of photography and being high up.

Fun fact: you can clearly see the CN tower from the Richmond Hill Central Library at Yonge and Major Mac, and it probably looks closer than you'd expect. In fact, you can see the CN tower from as far as Yonge/19th Avenue from the middle of the road (say, in a car or waiting for the bus at the Viva stop).

Why does the downtown seem so close in the photo, it's quite a distance from North York is it not?
It's because the shot was taken with a zoom lens, which compresses the distance in order to bring things closer. It not only brings the foreground closer, but the background too.

Back