Toronto 45 The Esplanade | 130.85m | 39s | Republic | Arcadis

Though I agree that having parking either as "Exclusive use common elements" or actually owned by individual Unit owners would be good, I doubt STRONGLY you can get to either of these situations. As an Owner (I assume) you can apply for a copy of all Corporation Records and the Parking Contract is clearly a Core Record. There is an official process and Form at: https://www.condoauthorityontario.ca/resource/guide-to-condo-records/ Let us know what you find, it is an unusual arrangement AFIK.
I wonder if we did buy back the parking, our maintenance fees might go up. Yes, it’s very unlikely that we would actually buy it back. The condo board might also not want to buy it, so they don’t have to maintain it, adding costs. At least the maintenance fees in our building are great. For 1.4k sqft, maintenance fees are 1k. 803 sqft, $667 fees. Monthly parking is $250. Amenities are great and plentiful. So I’m happy with that.
Right now, I’m not going to bother with filling out the form. At least this proposal isn’t moving forward anytime soon. So I’m not going to worry too much. I might bother with it later. I’ll also wait for what the board has to say. At least it’s good to know so you can prepare if something happens. Like if we do lose our parking spot during construction, we could apply for monthly parking at the Green P garage on The Esplanade for example.
It’s definitely an unusual arrangement. Looking at a next door building, London on The Esplanade, there are two towers. Six parking levels. It also features public parking. I’m assuming the first couple levels are public, and the rest are private, for 1 Scott St, and 38 The Esplanade. In that building, the parking is owned by the condo, and each unit owner has their own private parking spot, that they own. Not the case with 25 The Esplanade. The whole parking is owned by Silver Hotel Group. And is “public” with just a contract to have some limited parking reserved privately for us on lower levels.

Back