Mississauga 42 Port Street East | 40.7m | 11s | FRAM Building Group | B+H

No Frill block.

I still say tear rest of the block down including the existing condo as the plan project would enhance the area.

The condo residents can be move into the new condo at no extra cost including the free moving expense cost. Once they are move, then tear it down and start phase II. Offer those resident a higher level.

Other than the coffee shop, nothing worth saving.

Doing this would add more room for a larger grocery store than plan.

No Frill block.

I still say tear rest of the block down including the existing condo as the plan project would enhance the area.

The condo residents can be move into the new condo at no extra cost including the free moving expense cost. Once they are move, then tear it down and start phase II. Offer those resident a higher level.

Other than the coffee shop, nothing worth saving.

Doing this would add more room for a larger grocery store than plan.

The existing condo is brand new, it would be a waste of money and resources to just demolish it at this point. There is more than enough space on the No Frills site to accommodate a large grocery store.

I think the current plan is best for the neighbourhood. The existing streetscape, minus the No Frills, is what gives Port Credit its charm. Demolishing everything on the block will just take away from the feeling. Lets get rid of the parking lots before we start messing with everything else.

The existing condo is brand new, it would be a waste of money and resources to just demolish it at this point. There is more than enough space on the No Frills site to accommodate a large grocery store.

Agreed. Demolishing the condo wouldn't make any sense.

Demolishing and redeveloping whole blocks at a time seems like 50's/60's thinking.

No thank you. The current proposal is good.

This project goes to Planning and Development committee Monday Feb 2 at 7:00pm thereafter.

Owner is John D Rogers & Assc/Centre City Capital Limited and William G James.

Now if they only can get C4 building next to this project, It would enhance the street edge as well giving a clean look. IF they got hold of that apartment building, would be a nice looking block.

This project just moved one step closure to get construction started.

Pass planning and Development tonight with major of speaker in support of it.

The owner of 46 Port St sent an architect to speak about how his 35' x 136' lot would fit as a different application. The only way it could, is be part of the current application, buy the apartment building or rest of Lakeshore buildings. Otherwise a sliver of unused land

I would like to see the rest of the block on lakeshore become part of this plan as it would enhance the street 100%.

I was expecting more flack from Council and a few others, but never happen at all.

I just hope it's not going to be all brick like the other new stuff. It will end up being a brick street, where all the buildings look the same.

...As opposed to being a "glass street, where everything looks the same"?

It looks more precast than brick.

Good to hear!

I know my parents are interested in this development as they love the area.

I'm actually opposed to this.
No Frills right now is pretty much a port credit landmark. Everyone in the community could tell you where it is, and you can refer to it when giving directions to other places. The parking lot makes a giant open space in the middle of town. Name one of the smaller "squares" scattered around, and people are less likely to know what the heck you're talking about.
With condo after condo, Port Credit's losing its small town feel.

Even though it is a landmark in Port Credit, its definitely not a pretty sight to see and I wouldn't mind seeing a nice condo replacing the current location.

But that's just me.

Personally, I like the little square just in front of Ten just west of Hurontario. it's still new and they always have stuff going on in there.

Even though it is a landmark in Port Credit, its definitely not a pretty sight to see and I wouldn't mind seeing a nice condo replacing the current location.

But that's just me.

Personally, I like the little square just in front of Ten just west of Hurontario. it's still new and they always have stuff going on in there.

I absolutely LOVE that square! Its always busy during the summer. There is also that new square that is closer to the lake, south of the one by Ten. I don't know if the retail portion of the building next to it has been occupied yet but it looks like that would be a nice square too.

Im also happy to see No Frills going. Sure everyone knows about it, but I think the reason it is so known is not because it is popular and loved, but because it just stands out like a sore thumb. I do hope however that it reopens within the new building.

Last edited:
i'm not at all opposed to a new no frills, but I don't think another condo is necessary here.

Why not? A condo brings more people to the area who will ultimately be spending their money in the neighbourhood. This area can support the density and will definitely be able to support more density in the future as GO Transit improves service on the Lakeshore line. The project also includes a small square on the site according to the site plan.

What would you suggest be built here instead?

Im also happy to see No Frills going. Sure everyone knows about it, but I think the reason it is so known is not because it is popular and loved, but because it just stands out like a sore thumb. I do hope however that it reopens within the new building.

Actually, all things considered, it *doesn't* really stand out like a sore thumb--it observes the streetline (even if the entrance is perpendicular), and the parking is mainly safely to the rear. And look: it's a sizable grocery store. They tend to "stand out" by nature, unless they're Sobey's Express types of affairs...

I'm actually opposed to this.
No Frills right now is pretty much a port credit landmark. Everyone in the community could tell you where it is, and you can refer to it when giving directions to other places. The parking lot makes a giant open space in the middle of town. Name one of the smaller "squares" scattered around, and people are less likely to know what the heck you're talking about.
With condo after condo, Port Credit's losing its small town feel.

And hopefully it will remain in the same place once that piece of land is re-developed.

Right now the NoFrills parking lot isn't pedestrian friendly at all - it was designed for cars, and the square across Ten Restaurant is relatively new, but I'm sure in a couple of years everyone will be aware of it.

It would have been good if they had opened the square in another location all the way to the lake from Hurontario.

Back