Mississauga 42 Port Street East | 40.7m | 11s | FRAM Building Group | B+H

Speaking of No Frills and converted Loblawses, my local ex-Loblaws now-No Frills has opened today. I haven't been yet but plan to go soon.

There is a public meeting on Thursday at Clarke Hall at 7 pm on this development

June 25-08 Open House. Plastic on the model and poor feed back

Provision for a 11,000 sq foot grocery store with 15 feet ceiling.

More later:

2614518957_c00b9ba5fe_b.jpg

2615347982_00743d9105_b.jpg

2615347436_4cb1eac028_b.jpg

2615346820_2e23846ec7_b.jpg

2614516685_27dc7e7c90_b.jpg

2615345612_f9cfe4c63c_b.jpg

2614515199_4e85c2cc9f_b.jpg

2615343912_24c2bdc669_b.jpg

While this would look a lot better than what is sitting there right now, I'd really like to see them step away from looking so typical and classic, and be a bit more daring with the design.

As much as I hate to see No Frills go, if developments of this perfect density keep happening, can you picture Port Credit in 20 years? I picture it as being awesometown, to the max. I would go crazy if the retail space ended up going to No Frills anyway. And I think I would have to move out to Port Credit, post-haste.

Rabba is right across the street, Planet Organic is on the other side of 10, along with a great local butcher and bakery. Farther west, you have Loblaws.

I remember hearing from I forget who, but someone in the know, that No Frills would be moving to the Loblaws location and the Loblaws would be shutting its doors.

And as much as I don't really dig the architecture and design of the proposed buildings, they fit right in with what the city wants to do and has been doing with good old PC.

Any idea on who the prospective developer for this project would be?

I would sell my kidneys and three nephews to live in Port Credit, with that Lakeview...

Hopefully Hurricane Hazel doesnt put the Kibosh on this one.

This condo's been in the works for a LONG time. When I was working in a business in the Lakeshore strip many years ago, my boss was familiar with the No Frills owner and heard about these condo plans. And yes, he also heard that the No Frills would be moving into the Loblaws, but he also heard something about Loblaws then getting a brand new building nearby (either across the street or at the current no frills site)

Where's the nearest Superstore (existing or proposed) relative to here? Then again, it might just one of those newfangled "Loblaw Greatfood" things in the works...

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It's a nice design, but it could have been so much better, especially with the umph that Fram gave to the village. I hope that the inner courtyard dies- it's just going to end up being a dead space when it could be a larger retail space. It would have been nice if they could have gotten the Second Cup/Real Estate house in this one, since the renderings are reminding of the Bugs Bunny rabbit hole surronded by towers feeling. But that house has a lot of character so I guess it's good to see it survive.

Port Credit comes of age. Get in, while the prices are reasonable.
I think it's more of a second rewakening. The 70s were good times in the village.

Does anyone have any more info about this place?

I told my parents yesterday that the No Frills was going to have condos/Apartments, and they were curious into them as they plan on downsizing in the future, but want to stay in Port Credit, and these would be perfect!

Back