Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

I've become numb to the unfortunate recladding of the tower, until I see the street level. Absolutely ghastly.
I agree 100%.
Personally, I can even live with the rest of the tower. I'm not a fan, but I don't find it as offensive as others.
But the base ... omg ... the base.
It looks like what you'd see on the back side of a building where they load shipping etc.
They must be aware of how bad that portion is and that it didn't pan out how they anticipated ... maybe? I can see a change to the base in coming years, but maybe I'm being naiive.

Honestly I wouldnt even be mad if a people decided to tag the entire ground level. Would look better.

The least CF could do is hire Entro or KDA to do a patterned vinyl wrap or something.

capstan-house-largest-self-adhesive-wrap.jpg
e0b04d580bb13cfc469f5bd5b9af4255.jpg
bfbe5b607614986b6a5c12fffdd7a4ee.jpg

Honestly I wouldnt even be mad if a people decided to tag the entire ground level. Would look better.

The least CF could do is hire Entro or KDA to do a patterned vinyl wrap or something.

I never in a million years thought I would support vinyl wrap, but in this case, absolutely.

I very seldom block UTers but this is one of the stupidest comments I have read around here recently. Farewell.
I can clearly still reply to you and other folks can see the comment?

Also, since I just noticed this comment several months later, I will write this to the benefit of the passing reader. The person who first resorts to ad-hominems usually doesn't have a substantive point so this really can only decrease the credibility of the one making it... and the older mods probably have read thousands of such examples by now given the age of the forum.

DSC-san wont be able to see your comments while they're logged on. Trust me...it works like a charm that way.
But can they see other people replying to my comments, such as you?

If not, doesn't that break the forum for them... Because you'll appear to be responding to nothing?
Conversely, if they do see, announcing a 'block' seems pointless?

Last edited:
But can they see other people replying to my comments, such as you?

If not, doesn't that break the forum for them... Because they'll see you responding to nothing?;
Conversely, if they do see, announcing a 'block' seems pointless?
Off-topically: I don't think that really matters here. Rather the point being a valued regular who likely rarely blocks anyone announces they going block someone...so it's probably more about the message that's being conveyed, and not whether it's effective or even makes any sense to you.

...and that's all I am going to say about the matter. Thnkx!

What doesn't 'really matters here'? your previous comment? forum functions? my opinion of a 'block' seeming pointless?

In the first case, that's a bit weird to tell me but you can delete or edit your own prior comment...

In the second case, your actions demonstrate you care enough about how the forum functions to specifically reply to my comments twice instead of just adding another comment to the post.

In the third case, you are free to ignore my comment?

In any case forum functions, such as the 'block' function, are usable by 100% of the userbase so I'm willing to bet real money several hundred or thousand folks would care about it, if asked directly.

And since this old thread has been bumped a few times now, I would imagine a few dozen of the passing readers will have some interest in it. So your attempted dismissal seems like a low effort attempt to shut down valuable discussion that would benefit other readers.

EDIT: After skimming through the commenting history of both 'UtakataNoAnnex' and 'DSC' it seems like they've successfully bullied other forum users into shutting down productive and valuable conversations several dozen times using similar tactics. So that's a major red flag... at least my time spent here has some positive purpose to expose this kind of behaviour.
This back and forth reads as a "taking it personally" thing VS for the benefit of any other readers, tbh. Maybe better solved via direct messages.

This back and forth reads as a "taking it personally" thing VS for the benefit of any other readers, tbh. Maybe better solved via direct messages.
/whispers: Not to me though, I'm not the one who put this person on /ignore.

Let's focus on kvetching about the architecture of 401 Bay Street. :)
...I read that as retching! >.<

I genuinely wanted to learn how the forum block function works.

If you don't believe that I was genuine in the previous comment then you could have just messaged me privately too? Or ignore it?

Readers can skim through the posting history of forum members and decide for themselves the likelihood of anyone asking genuine questions vs. "taking it personally".

Anyways, now that this tangent has gone on for too long, I wouldn't mind folks looking to further discuss this topic to message me directly.

Last edited:
What PinkLucy said :)
Bumping this thread still, after both the mod and I have clearly said it got too off-topic after the last few comments?

Ignoring your own suggestion to use messaging instead makes this appear intentional. (If you have no comments on 401 Bay the wise thing would be to not fall into the same trap of self-discrediting statements that other forum users may write.)

Anyways, to get the discussion back on track, I still stand by my opinion that the cladding looks fine on the building, it's not above average but it's also not in the bottom decile of cladding jobs.

Last edited:

Back