Toronto 400 King West | 157.37m | 48s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I believe that Allied owns the site and there was an application for a ~25s office building. However the neighbourhood and market have completely changed since then so they are probably having a bit of a rethink!

I guess the Shoppers' days are numbered?

Yes, but there maybe may a lot of numbered days yet.

I believe that Allied owns the site and there was an application for a ~25s office building. However the neighbourhood and market have completely changed since then so they are probably having a bit of a rethink!

Yes to Allied
Yes to office

No to ~25s its approved at 33s

And yes to the market having changed and it being unlikely to go ahead in the near term or probably even medium term, as proposed.

The thread for that is here:

...and yes to, that's probably never going to be built now. >.<
That was correct even 5+ years ago pre-COVID.
Probably will be changed to condos/ rentals at 43-47 storeys, around 156m to preserve the table top :rolleyes:
Correct. Per the above, that was being studied years ago, however MRE's personal aversion to residential made that little more than feasibility work at the time.

April 11th

1000028422.jpg

1 photo added.jpeg

1000028435.jpg

I'm in no rush to see the Shoppers go. Maybe with a bit of a pause in the market and construction here, we'll get something a bit different than its adjacent peers in the future.

Is there any news on a retail tenant here? Maybe Shoppers would move into this spot to basically stay in the neighbourhood. Even if the next building is a long ways out. Though rent might be cheaper in their current spot.

Is there any news on a retail tenant here? Maybe Shoppers would move into this spot to basically stay in the neighbourhood. Even if the next building is a long ways out. Though rent might be cheaper in their current spot.
Shoppers has many years left in a long lease in their existing space. It's part of the reason Allied is in no rush to redevelop that building.

Back