Toronto 400 King West | 157.37m | 48s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

From this morning. June 12th

20230612_083451.jpg

Crazy that even just 10 years ago the Hyatt was the landmark in that part of the city, and now it seems, objectively, like a waste of density, being literally towered over like that.
Given it looks like the Hyatt is in a state of disrepair (at least the exterior) maybe redevelopment is in the works?

Crazy that even just 10 years ago the Hyatt was the landmark in that part of the city, and now it seems, objectively, like a waste of density, being literally towered over like that.
I'm sure at some point it will be cost effective to buy and redevelop that piece of real estate similar to the Chelsey Hotel

Given it looks like the Hyatt is in a state of disrepair (at least the exterior) maybe redevelopment is in the works?
I'm sure at some point it will be cost effective to buy and redevelop that piece of real estate similar to the Chelsey Hotel
I won't stray too far off topic in this thread, but it would be a great spot to break that whole tabletop situation going on there. Unfortunately it's within the protected skyline space for the CN Tower so nothing too landmark-ey could go there unless it was absolutely spectacular, which I highly doubt.

I won't stray too far off topic in this thread, but it would be a great spot to break that whole tabletop situation going on there. Unfortunately it's within the protected skyline space for the CN Tower so nothing too landmark-ey could go there unless it was absolutely spectacular, which I highly doubt.
We'll see what happens with Gehry! That should change up the table top a bit.

I'd say anytime after 2009 it would be Festival, not Hyatt that everyone was looking at. Hyatt would have been 90s and early 2000s.
Owners were toying with the idea of putting it up a couple of years ago. No one could make the numbers work, so the offering didn't happen.

Back