Toronto 36 Eglinton West | 199.99m | 59s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

*Surely 199.9m strikes you as a rather odd, purposeful number... a bit more suspect than say 199.45m? Maybe planning is just run like retail, where $299.99 has better optics than $300 bucks. 🤔

Still betting someone on the 12th floor is putin' (sic) coal in lots of stockings, all year long... likely sporting a stupid grin too. ;)

* I know, "don't call you Shirley"

3Dementia,
once construction is complete I suggest late one evening you take a cinder block to the top of the mechanical penthouse, cover it with caulking and drop it on the roof. Photos of result should provide ample proof the building is 200.05m. :)

Last edited:
3Dementia,
once construction is complete I suggest late one evening you take a cinder block to the top of the mechanical penthouse, cover it with caulking and drop it on the roof. Photos of result should ample proof the building is 200.05m. :)

Excellent suggestion... I'll take more than one up to the top 'cause I literally just saw cinder blocks on sale:

4 for just $19.99 (don't know why that price appealed to me so much). 🤷‍♂️

The total height changed from 208.00m to 199.99m. The total unit changed from 663 units to 614 units. The total parking space changed from 72 parking to 71 parking.

Rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 10  2023-168.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 10  2023-169.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 10  2023-173.jpg

*Surely 199.9m strikes you as a rather odd, purposeful number... a bit more suspect than say 199.45m? Maybe planning is just run like retail, where $299.99 has better optics than $300 bucks. 🤔

Still betting someone on the 12th floor is putin' (sic) coal in lots of stockings, all year long... likely sporting a stupid grin too. ;)

* I know, "don't call you Shirley"

@Undead

Hasn't been 200 metres since last July... and yes I do know quoting oneself is symptomatic of stuff.

The original podium was a complete mess, with haphazard cutouts and more visible exposed concrete columns.
We could do worse than to have a podium inspired by the Siam Discovery Store at Siam Centre in Bangkok…

All-you-need-to-know-about-Siam.jpg

Source

…not that what was planned here would have matched that, but we need a little more controlled chaos in our buildings, a little more fun in at least some of them, and the previous design for the podium at least attempted a little fun, instead of only attempting a little value engineering.

Is that fun? To me it's a chaotic mess, with no enduring or likeable characteristics, and my eyes get tired just looking at it. That said, I agree we need more fun, I just don't know if this is it.

Back