Toronto 351 Royal York | 39.6m | 10s | Tonlu Properties | Graziani + Corazza

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New application is in for a 10s building at this site.

There is zero chance that the development is this property alone, which is a tiny bungalow fronting Royal York Road.

However, it is the only property listed in the AIC for now.

1628770216511.png

Link:

As one can see from the description this development would be ~2000m2 per floor (likely more at-grade) which is a bit over 20,000ft2, considerably larger than the lot size of the addressed property.

Streetview: (the addressed property is the small bungalow abutting the plaza)

1628770324618.png

The site area of the plaza, and the bungalow is just a hair over 22,000ft2 and therefore seems likely to me to represent the likely parcel, though it may included additional properties as well.

An alternative configuration would employ the lot to the rear of the bungalow, but this site, along Windsor street is currently light industrial/commercial in nature (area) though vacant.

Final note, this site is within easy walking distance of Mimico GO Stn just to the south.

The density precedents there will make 10s a fairly easy ask I suspect, and in some ways, I'm surprised not to see more.

For the aerial pic, I have not use any highlighting as the parcel is TBD.

The pic does show the applicable site, and for reference, the parking lot visible in the bottom-right corner of the pic is Mimico GO Stn.

1628770953098.png

I anticipate a lot of neighborhood resistance on this one.

I anticipate a lot of neighborhood resistance on this one.
This is Mimico, not the Kingsway. The area is surrounded by old garages, plazas, has somewhat of an industrial feel. If it includes the building just south of this house, I think the neighborhood would be for it.

There have been attempts to assemble this block of wartime houses for years. On Geowarehouse 351-365 Royal York was purchased by a numbered company in February 2021. I looked up the company at the time and it wasnt a builder/ground up developer. Likely a zone and flip. Maybe they can have the public meeting at San Remo Bakery, then I'd consider going.

There have been attempts to assemble this block of wartime houses for years. On Geowarehouse 351-365 Royal York was purchased by a numbered company in February 2021. I looked up the company at the time and it wasnt a builder/ground up developer. Likely a zone and flip. Maybe they can have the public meeting at San Remo Bakery, then I'd consider going.

Great observation; and I know, a meeting spot @interchange42 could get behind!

Last edited:
I've got no problem with the 10s proposal here (if other properties will be included), it makes sense here. It's the other monstrous ones surrounding Mimico GO that I have big problems with.

I will note that the sidewalks around this area should be widened, especially with the increased development we're looking at in the area.

Plus the San Remo Bakery should stay open later. We gotta get that into some kind of agreement for redevelopments here.

Said company: https://tonluproperties.ca

They seem to own quite a bit of properties along Royal York. They are listed as a division of the Rinomato Group of Companies, which are a builder.

The lot assembly associated with this DevApp in particular appears to be 351 to 365 Royal York.

Last edited:
Said company: https://tonluproperties.ca

They seem to own quite a bit of properties along Royal York. They are listed as a division of the Rinomato Group of Companies, which are a builder.

The lot assembly associated with this DevApp in particular appears to be 351 to 365 Royal York.

Interesting!

So it doesn't involve the plaza.

Adjusted aerial pic, as per Wislaw, above.

1628872225493.png

Footprint of over 40,000ft2

Must be some serious set backs and transitioning involved.

Attachments

• 1628871925413.png
    1628871925413.png
    1 MB · Views: 105
As a property owner in the small plaza south of this development I can assure you we are not part of this development project. Rinomato group will develop this property. The group recently leased out Tina’s clothing store on the west side of Royal York to house upcoming the sales centre. What I found strange was the disparity between purchase prices of the homes 351-365 Royal York ranging from 1.4M to 2.95M someone didn’t do their homework while others I believe benefited by holding out.

My guess is that the plaza will eventually be packaged with Queens Pasta and sold as a building lot to build yet another condo.

Well seems like this one is already a write-off with G+C being involved.

Now we can all look forward to looking at some dreck while heading over to San Remos. Good thing their desserts will make us be in a good mood when we exit and walk/drive past this mess.

Well seems like this one is already a write-off with G+C being involved.

Now we can all look forward to looking at some dreck while heading over to San Remos. Good thing their desserts will make us be in a good mood when we exit and walk/drive past this mess.

Yes, it will probably wind up sucking, but I also won't lament the removal of what's there now.

Back