Toronto 351 Royal York | 39.6m | 10s | Tonlu Properties | Graziani + Corazza

Why only 10 floors next to a GO station!??? Doesn't make any sense.
I find that strange as well. I’m sure the are building the max the city will allow. There are a few 30+ stories already approved near the station. Wonder if the city will allow a high rise where the plaza and queens pasta property sits.

Preliminary Report on this one is in to the next meeting EYCC:

Most of the commentary is pro forma.

Though there are note that revisions will be required to a couple of studies (Infrastructure/Servicing/Hydrology/Parking/Transportation)

On that last one, their is some elucidation of the reasoning:

The study was reviewed by City
staff and revisions are required. In particular, a revised parking analysis is required, as
well as revisions to the site plan in order to relocate the proposed driveway and provide
a dedicated pick-up/drop-off turning circle or additional at-grade parking to
accommodate ride sharing and food/package deliveries

Request for Direction report seeking to oppose this one at OLT is headed to the next meeting of EYCC:

This more or less sums up the objections of staff:

1673449605573.png

Disband Community Planning and Urban Design, erase good chunks of the OP, and throw out all building guidelines and performance standards.

Disband Community Planning and Urban Design, erase good chunks of the OP, and throw out all building guidelines and performance standards.

A bit extreme, LOL

I happen to agree with the above report in respect of providing good conditions for the proposed trees.

The rest.........not so much.

That said, the midrise guidelines are being re-done this year, and will be relaxed compared to current performance criteria. I do wonder if the planner on the file had any wiggle room to consider the new guidelines given that they are yet
to be approved (or publicly proposed)........but it's coming.

Request for Direction report seeking to oppose this one at OLT is headed to the next meeting of EYCC:

This more or less sums up the objections of staff:

View attachment 449851
We wouldn't want those evil apartment dwellers to be allowed to lay eyes on..... a dumping lot and small factory?

Man staff have really taken to the shadow and overlook guidelines as gospel. As someone who has worked in one of these factories I can tell you the old Italians and Portuguese running these places really could care less about what gets built on Royal York. So long as San Remo isn't touched.
1702647957455.png
1702648071842.png

Royal Art Collection: Etobicoke

ry2.jpg
ry.jpg

Wow this actually looks pretty decent; a pleasant streetwall which actually makes retail units standout, along with good massing which actually fits Royal York, with a varied facade pattern which tie in well together? This must be G+C's best work ever (if it comes to fruition).

This is the kind of stuff Royal York needs, not the overbearing towers that some are trying to push through.

Royal Art Collection: Etobicoke

View attachment 544522View attachment 544523

Now see..........look what you made me do Albert.........

First, I went back and found the Settlement Offer, which was adopted by Council and made public in July '23:

Then, I went and found the Site Plan, which resubmitted in Nov '23:

@Paclo may wish to check for any minor revisions.

Back