Brampton 35 Railroad Street | 190.5m | 58s | Beyrose Capital | Kirkor

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
A numbered company, through Kirkor Architects and GWD planning consultants, has submitted a pre-consultation for a land assembly at Railroad Street and Mill Street North, across from the GO Station in Downtown Brampton.

Three towers: 54, 52, 50 stories, replacing eight houses and an auto repair shop, but one residential property, 52 Mill St N, is not part of the assembly, making for an irregularly sized land assembly. There are options in case the developer is able to acquire that house, which admittedly, is a well-maintained property, unlike most of the rest.

So far, looks like a zoning/massing exercise for now than a complete proposal, but one worth watching.

Railroad 1.jpg
Railroad 2.jpg
Railroad 3.jpg
Railroad 4.jpg
Railroad 5.jpg
Railroad 6.jpg
Railroad 7.jpg

The holdout appears to be gone now. Now 55 and 58 stories. Planning issues include the third track at Brampton GO, protection for a future grade separation or intersection realignment at Mill Street and Railroad, as well as impacts on nearby heritage properties and the future development of neighbouring sites.

Planning presentation here: https://pub-brampton.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=113530

Railroad and Mill.jpg
Railroad and Mill 2.jpg

Last edited:
The holdout appears to be gone now. Now 55 and 58 stories. Planning issues include the third track at Brampton GO, protection for a future grade separation or intersection realignment at Mill Street and Railroad, as well as impacts on nearby heritage properties and the future development of neighbouring sites.

Planning presentation here: https://pub-brampton.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=113530

View attachment 571338View attachment 571340

Will this make it the tallest building in Downtown Brampton?

I like the red on the lower podium and I think the black contrasts nicely. The overall design isn't bad.

I think the white n' wavy of the one main tower is one design motif too many, a standard KirKor problem.

What I'd prefer to see here is the two lowest podium sections go entirely red, and the current style/colour (black) of the upper podium become the tower motif.

I think that would produce a very desirable aesthetic and probably lower the construction cost.(by nixing the wavy balconies).

I love it. In desolate downtown Brampton they can build 55/58 floors. At port credit the place I am told should have been downtown mississauga we can’t build more than 40 floors. Same lrt. Same go train. Different planning.

Highway free, direct rail link to downtown Toronto, urban street grid and a rapidly growing population? Downtown Brampton may soon surpass the atrocity known as 'Downtown Mississauga'. If dev keeps going and Brampton keeps making smart choices in regards to Brampton Transit it could become the best 905 city IMO. Now if only the Orangeville-Brampton railway had not been scrapped...

I love it. In desolate downtown Brampton they can build 55/58 floors. At port credit the place I am told should have been downtown mississauga we can’t build more than 40 floors. Same lrt. Same go train. Different planning.
Exactly, Port Credit really should be massive by this point seeing as it is in the best transportation situation out of all the 905 old towns.

40 floors is plenty to deliver intensification, density and vibrance.

And yes, Pt. Credit should have been DT Mississauga, not a parking lot around a mall that used to be a farm.

Highway free, direct rail link to downtown Toronto, urban street grid and a rapidly growing population? Downtown Brampton may soon surpass the atrocity known as 'Downtown Mississauga'. If dev keeps going and Brampton keeps making smart choices in regards to Brampton Transit it could become the best 905 city IMO. Now if only the Orangeville-Brampton railway had not been scrapped...

Downtown Brampton has never not been ahead of DT Mississauga from an architectural perspective, because it had character and heritage.

It simply hasn't had the level of development, and that has largely been a function of being in a regulatory floodplain. In other words a risky place to house people. That, however, is now being addressed, admittedly decades after it should have been.

40 floors is plenty to deliver intensification, density and vibrance.

And yes, Pt. Credit should have been DT Mississauga, not a parking lot around a mall that used to be a farm.
Do you think that at any point Mississauga will officially acknowledge this mistake and shift to Port Credit or is the sunk cost already too great? The greater potential to irritate very wealthy residents seems like something even a progressive (cough cough likely Tedjo in a few years) would prefer to avoid.

Do you think that at any point Mississauga will officially acknowledge this mistake and shift to Port Credit or is the sunk cost already too great? The greater potential to irritate very wealthy residents seems like something even a progressive (cough cough likely Tedjo in a few years) would prefer to avoid.

Port Credit will intensify, substantially, will it ever be called downtown Mississauga? Probably not, but it may well function as that.

The lakeside proposals are already very substantial and game changing and more are coming both Lakeside and north of Lakeshore.

The Hurontario LRT already services this area, as does GO. I think that horse has long since left the barn. Whatever you call it, Pt. Credit will add thousands of units of housing and many more residents than that in the years ahead.

The port credit residents don’t want it and would rally against it. The old farm land now mall doesn’t have NIMBYs. As much as port credit is a nice location the NIMBYs would be more harm than good.

Back