Toronto 330 Richmond | 93.57m | 27s | Greenpark | Core Architects

It also makes me wonder if Cineplex will move to the Well and Riocan will simply redevelop Riocan Square into condos with retail at the base, and possibly a hotel or office space. It would certainly be in Riocan's interest to drive traffic to the Well. In either case, let's hope the next Cineplex has more than one upward escalator.

t
It also makes me wonder if Cineplex will move to the Well and Riocan will simply redevelop Riocan Square into condos with retail at the base, and possibly a hotel or office space. It would certainly be in Riocan's interest to drive traffic to the Well. In either case, let's hope the next Cineplex has more than one upward escalator.
Never thought about the relationship between the two. Given how much commercial space is available at the Well, a movie theater wouldn't be out of the question. I'm not sure if that's their vision for the complex but it would surely be a major draw.

The Well doesn't have a theatre planned in it though, no? It's size needs are unique enough that we would know if one was planned.

The Well doesn't have a theatre planned in it though, no? It's size needs are unique enough that we would know if one was planned.

Looks like one is indeed planned:
The podium of Building D rises 4 storeys and has a distinctly more opaque appearance than the other podiums, by virtue of the functions it is planned to house: above the grade-level retail and loading dock/parking entrance, a cinema will be located on the upper floors of the building, while a fitness centre is proposed for the top floor and a child care centre is proposed for the ground floor.
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2018/01/well-updated-drawings-reveal-further-design-refinements

FBDCA63E-62CD-4976-8321-F5AE3A021688.jpeg
512862DF-A6DA-4A2B-B425-FAF1C4ADE39A.jpeg

Nice to see this area finally filling out. Next up: demo'ing the shacks on the s/w corner running down almost to Adelaide. Bonus points for removing the vestibule festooned to the front of the heritage mansion housing New York Furs on the n/w corner down there.

Back