IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2810.JPG

41 Chatsworth Drive at Yonge Street – former site of the Fifth Church of Christ Scientist (under review)

*(Wrong rendering shown on the website)

Times Group submitted revised plans on March 12, 2020 for a low-rise infill 4-storey condominium apartment building with a set back 5th storey. The proposed building will have a height of 16.05-17.16 metres (plus a 3.6 metre mechanical penthouse), and a total of 49 residential units. Based on that revised proposal, Planning will be writing a report to Council for their direction.

Scheduled to go to the Local Planning Appeal Board on April 14, 2020 for the first Pre-conference Hearing, it has been postponed until further notice.

Request for Directions Report to the Dec 3rd meeting of North York Community Council.

The report seeks authorization for staff to oppose this at LPAT

From said report, a side by side comparison of various iterations of this proposal:

1605801603722.png

While in general, I find opposition here problematic, I must admit, cutting the parkland dedication to 19M2 (useless) seems to meant to annoy the City rather than be taken seriously.

Though, I would differ from the City who suggest any park have frontage on Chatsworth. It's a short block, and the existing ravine/park in behind has access from each end.

I would prefer to see a strip of roughly 10m at the rear of the site adding to the existing ravine which would be ecologically beneficial, and attractive to and useful for privacy for any new residents

I estimate such a strip would actually exceed the best offer made at this site, at roughly 350m2; but as that is still below 10% of the site, I think that's quite reasonable. The balance should be cash-in-lieu for best-in-class ecological restoration of the existing ravine, and for the new planting atop it.

Parking decreased from 69 parking spaces to 67 parking spaces! No new renderings updated it!

Back