Hamilton 325 James Street North | 45.7m | 12s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
12-storey proposal by Core Urban (Same developer as the Augusta St Blocks) at James N and Barton. This is a short walk from West Harbour GO Station and replaces the Mission Services of Hamilton, a homeless shelter, which is moving shortly to a new, larger space which Core Urban has renovated for them at 400 King St E. The project is going to the DRP tomorrow, but a low-res rendering has been posted in the NRU:

325 James N.png

The lot is currently occupied by two 3-storey buildings, one of which is retained in the design (right side of above image), and a parking lot between them.

I actually thought from the rendering that there was an existing heritage building being built through but it's actually all new construction minus the little bit on the right

Here's the site on Google Maps, top is north
Screenshot 2023-04-12 111725.png
Screenshot 2023-04-12 111743.png

One thing I see in this development that Toronto hardly ever does. And I can't understand why it's well needed in the downtown core. Is recreating a podium thats from the late 19th to early 20th century that wasn't there before. At least to my knowledge lol. And designing a tower on top that blends in with it to boot lol!

Hats off to Lintack for actually caring about the streetwall. They have their share of the usual blocky stuff in their portfolio, but they also have a great array of really well done restorations and re-integrations. Their Augusta Block in Hamilton has facades that are new, but are being purposely built to look like they've been part of streetscape for a long time, and seem to be really well handled. I like seeing this kind of gumption.

Hats off to Lintack for actually caring about the streetwall. They have their share of the usual blocky stuff in their portfolio, but they also have a great array of really well done restorations and re-integrations. Their Augusta Block in Hamilton has facades that are new, but are being purposely built to look like they've been part of streetscape for a long time, and seem to be really well handled. I like seeing this kind of gumption.
i did not know that. Augusta street looks great. i assumed all the ground floor retail was restored older buildings. thats amazing.

This is going to be a great add to James N, and density seems not too extreme especially given its close proximity to the West Harbour Go Station

Hi all. First time caller... longtime forumer on SSP when I lived in Vancouver... I live in Hamilton now.

Anyway, just wanted to add that I noticed demolition fencing this morning (Monday, Sept. 11). I live and work nearby and would be happy to keep an eye on this one and share progress photos.

Hi all. First time caller... longtime forumer on SSP when I lived in Vancouver... I live in Hamilton now.

Anyway, just wanted to add that I noticed demolition fencing this morning (Monday, Sept. 11). I live and work nearby and would be happy to keep an eye on this one and share progress photos.
Welcome to the neighbourhood! I hope to share progress as well, and hoping to get some inside access from Steve and Core Urban.

Welcome to the hood as well, also a newbie to UT, but long time on SSP, and forever following development in the Hammer. This developer has done a string of fantastic work throughout the city core. Don't think this one will disappoint.

Back