Toronto 277 Wellington West | 208m | 60s | Reserve Properties | IBI Group

Here is a quick render I made with a 220 metre generic tower on the site for context:

Toronto Model 12-25-20 277 Wellington W.png

Merry Christmas all!

The black skyscraper simple but effective in the photos up above! It breaks up the blue green buildings bunch together.

It came across as it would be nice to have a black tower break up the trend in glass for the area. But yes, it will probably end up blending in with the rest of the lovely repetitive patterns and glass so is not to pick it out on the skyline like it’s neighbouring buildings.

Hmmm, separation distances may be an issue here:

1609796006104.png

The south side is within reach......but they show 12.5M to beyond their property line; so they are only conceding, I think, about 9.5M which if redevelopment occurred to the south would compel a 14.5M concession.

Side separation appears to be only 5.5M to the east.

I wonder if they have an agreement w/the neighbours..........

I mean the distances work, if there is no redevelopment on the adjacent properties; or if those properties go up enough to allow them to move back from their side of the property line.

Hmmm, separation distances may be an issue here:

View attachment 292436

The south side is within reach......but they show 12.5M to beyond their property line; so they are only conceding, I think, about 9.5M which if redevelopment occurred to the south would compel a 14.5M concession.

Side separation appears to be only 5.5M to the east.

I wonder if they have an agreement w/the neighbours..........

I mean the distances work, if there is no redevelopment on the adjacent properties; or if those properties go up enough to allow them to move back from their side of the property line.
it's 12.5m to the centreline of the laneway, so they are fully meeting the requirement to the south. The east setback is indeed less, but it's facing a relatively new condo building which is already too small to be a tower site.

Crazy to think that 15 years ago on this block the going height was 13 storeys and now it's 66.

The landscape plan for this one got me to look something up..........

They are proposing Japanese Zelkova trees for all their trees.

I hadn't even heard of these!

Latin Name Zelkova serrata.

Needless to say, they aren't native to Toronto!

As to whether they would be invasive, I'll have to look into that............but I do see them listed as invasive in Kentucky and Virginia.

Hmmm, wide-branching species can be upwards of 80 feet tall............

As a Toronto street tree? In this spot?

Salt tolerance is only moderate........

That doesn't sound promising.

1609796965161.png

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelkova_serrata#/media/File:Zelkova_serrata_Noma_keyaki01.jpg

Yeah! What's with this city even The One condo wants more height from 85 to 94 storeys. Wow! New York City we will become in time !!
At least New York has interesting designs incorporated in their condos. All we see here is the same repetitive crap, rinsed and diluted 100's of times over.

The current renders of this proposal are disgusting.

Back