Brampton 263 Queen Street East | ?m | 46s | Soneil Investments Inc

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Early pre-consultation for the property at the southwest corner of Queen and Rutherford Road, with six towers ranging between 29-46 storeys in height, and a seventh 12-storey midrise, with 2,810 residential units and some non-residential space (2,450 m2 GFA). This is massive density in a mixed commercial/light industrial area, but one that the city has targeted for growth, especially with the flagship Züm corridor along Queen.

Just massing materials for now.

The 249 Queen St E (at Hansen Road) and 253 Queen St E applications are shown in the first map. It really shows why the proposed east-west private laneway should be a public street.

Queen E 1.jpg

Queen E 2.jpg

Queen E 3.jpg

Queen E 4.jpg

Early pre-consultation for the property at the southwest corner of Queen and Rutherford Road, with six towers ranging between 29-46 storeys in height, and a seventh 12-storey midrise, with 2,810 residential units and some non-residential space (2,450 m2 GFA). This is massive density in a mixed commercial/light industrial area, but one that the city has targeted for growth, especially with the flagship Züm corridor along Queen.

Just massing materials for now.

The 249 Queen St E (at Hansen Road) and 253 Queen St E applications are shown in the first map. It really shows why the proposed east-west private laneway should be a public street.

View attachment 435523
View attachment 435522
View attachment 435530
View attachment 435529

Interesting.

A lot of Employment/Industrial-commercial in this area, has Brampton given any indication how much they are open to converting?

I notice a complete dearth of parkland in this area, particularly south of Queen.

From an ecological perspective, an aesthetic perspective, and a flood mitigation perspective, I'd be inclined to establish new parks along the waterway just a bit to the south and west here.

However, that only makes sense if the area goes residential/mixed-use all the way to the creek.

1666969552611.png

Above is an aerial pic of the area, with the proposed site being in the upper right hand corner of the image.

The dense line of trees towards the bottom of the image is a creek/drainage of some sort.

Doesn't look like much now, but it could:

1666969673165.png

Interesting.

A lot of Employment/Industrial-commercial in this area, has Brampton given any indication how much they are open to converting?

I notice a complete dearth of parkland in this area, particularly south of Queen.

From an ecological perspective, an aesthetic perspective, and a flood mitigation perspective, I'd be inclined to establish new parks along the waterway just a bit to the south and west here.

However, that only makes sense if the area goes residential/mixed-use all the way to the creek.

View attachment 435555

Above is an aerial pic of the area, with the proposed site being in the upper right hand corner of the image.

The dense line of trees towards the bottom of the image is a creek/drainage of some sort.

Doesn't look like much now, but it could:

View attachment 435556

Clark Boulevard is due to be extended west from Rutherford to Kennedy as a relief route for Queen Street, which I would like to see become more pedestrian and transit friendly. The creek comes very close to it.

A park and other amenties (a school, a library satellite branch) will be necessary as Queen urbanizes. I'm hoping there are plans for that.

The city is planning for two Mixed Community Hubs (mix of recreation/school/library), that came out of the Brampton 2040 vision. General plans are here, and I've skimmed through some city minutes earlier this year that indicates they are actively working on the Shopper's World one.

I’m well aware of the Shoppers World community hub. That’s going to be crucial for all the density going there. It’s good the city is planning for one in the central Queen corridor, just wondering where it’d go.

Back