Toronto 260 Adelaide West | 196.8m | 61s | CentreCourt | Sweeny &Co

ZBA application submitted:

Development Applications

No project description available yet.

Project description now available:
Zoning by-law amendment application to facilitate the redevelopment of the site for a 60-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 1910.14 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 52,406.22 square metres. 848 rental dwelling units are proposed

*Docs....are Up.............sorta...*

No real pretty pictures w/this one, still much closer to massing models, though some a bit more refined.

But some additional info:

1641809313041.png

1641809347510.png

1641809381085.png

1641809419566.png

1641809465799.png

1641809506120.png

1641809521892.png

1641809273716.png

1641809218454.png

1641809154667.png

Edit to Add: Architect is Sweeny & Co.

Last edited:
*Docs....are Up.............sorta...*

No real pretty pictures w/this one, still much closer to massing models, though some a bit more refined.

But some additional info:

View attachment 374000
View attachment 374001

View attachment 374002

View attachment 374003
View attachment 374004

View attachment 374005

View attachment 374006
View attachment 373999

View attachment 373998

View attachment 373997

While the ground floor could use some rearranging (as usually with the giant loading zones, seriously such an incredible waste of space on prime ground level space) I would say I'm overall not mad at the grade experience as it's pretty varied, I personally could always ask for more+better retail units, but it's a good start.

The Mid block connection leading to the future park is probably the highlight for me (along with the retail facing it, creating a more vibrant space, and seemingly indications for patios on the drawing).

This is going to be a beautiful looking building when it's finished! love rounded corners and vertical beams cladding etc. And the way the tower project's itself from the podium to the top. It has that Empire State Building character with out the spire . I wonder what's the colour of the facade and I also thought this tower was supposed to be 65 storeys.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one early critique I have on this one is on the retail that faces that dead street (known as Nelson Street). They really need to re-jig the access so it faces that retail lane, because I dont see any retailer that would see any stable foot traffic from facing Nelson St.

Asides from that, I generally like the podium treatment and tower concept here.

looks amazing. any idea who is the Architect? those curves are HPA curves.

199m is good height.

Last edited:
"...The proposal includes up to 30% of all residential units as affordable units..."

CMHC are going to need to bring a lot of Federal $$$ to the table to get 283 Affordable-Rental units included in this project.

"...The proposal includes up to 30% of all residential units as affordable units..."

CMHC are going to need to bring a lot of Federal $$$ to the table to get 283 Affordable-Rental units included in this project.
Remember the land is free here - worthwhile for someone to submit a FOI to get the JV docs on this... Hope the city did their homework on typical fee structures and land value.

Remember the land is free here - worthwhile for someone to submit a FOI to get the JV docs on this... Hope the city did their homework on typical fee structures and land value.
The land isn't "Free" - essentially it is like a HOUSING NOW site -- but without it being inside the HOUSING NOW program.

The land isn't "Free" - essentially it is like a HOUSING NOW site -- but without it being inside the HOUSING NOW program.
Didn't realize they were selling it at zoning great positioning by centrecourt to leverage a small insignificant parcel into $ and fees..

Only buyer for this type of building would be institutional and like you said it will need to have additional subsidies.

Back