Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

What is a transit hub without the GO? Rapid transit is the clunkering 501 these days? Keep driving people. Drive and drive and never take the ttc!

They said the City supports a GO Station at Park Lawn to serve Humber Bay Shores, but GO is currently opposed.
Well, it's the unimaginative, blinkered, didactically stingy planners at Metrolinx who are against it. GO has no opinions on their own, other than "free parking at a train station subsidized by the more environmentally conscious is every Canadian's right." Meanwhile, Metrolinx's planners should be barred from online banking, and be restricted to in person banking at the Park Lawn and Lake Shore BMO until such time as they are able to discern their responsibility to city-build when they make their plans. That's just me ranting for my own satisfaction, but they are so maddeningly clueless regarding the size of the development coming here that I'm drawn to make outrageous statements.
What is a transit hub without the GO? Rapid transit is the clunkering 501 these days? Keep driving people. Drive and drive and never take the ttc!
If it were without GO, the City would still tell you that having a new quicker LRT into Downtown from HBS would still make it a hub. Right now it's an hour by streetcar from Park Lawn and Lake Shore to the core, the Waterfront West LRT would chop that to around half that, about the same amount of time it takes GO riders to get from Union to Clarkson!

Rant over…

30 mins to cross ~8km is ridiculous. Not rapid transit

Moot point for me anyway. I'm in the process of selling my place and moving to Europe. Guess I've finally had it with the city that barely works.

The Mimico GO station is inadequate in its present condition even apart from the obvious need for a Park Lawn Station. It is reached by way of a narrow and obscure back street with a poorly marked turn, difficult to make from the north on Royal York Rd. Parking, which is a concern to GO, is cramped and the facility is run down. Of course a new station is needed

Proposed location of Kirby GO
upload_2017-9-20_16-38-20.jpeg

Photo courtesy of the Star

-VS-

Approx. Proposed location of a Park Lawn GO Station
upload_2017-9-20_16-43-51.png

Even someone with little common sense could figure out which one would make more sense, let alone a group who is responsible for the planning and construction of transit in this province.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-20_16-38-20.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-20_16-38-20.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 338
  • upload_2017-9-20_16-38-38.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-20_16-38-38.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 212
  • upload_2017-9-20_16-43-51.png
    upload_2017-9-20_16-43-51.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 354
What's their track record in Liberty Village? They bought the plaza already built, and consider it to be something that can be replaced in the future with denser development, they've renovated an older warehouse to become a rather gorgeous EQ3 store, they've taken over Kings Club from Urbancorp and are adding the whole King High Line pedestrian and cycle connection to it…

Last edited:
What's their track record in Liberty Village? They bought the plaza already built, and consider it to be something that can be replaced in the future with denser development, they've renovated an older warehouse to become a rather gorgeous EQ3 store, they've taken over Kings Club from Urbancorp and are adding the whole King High Line pedestrian and cycle connection to it…

Is the King High Line pedestrian bridge an actual plan in the works or just a vision at this point?

Shot through glass, so a little blurry…

DSC04828.jpg
DSC04830.jpg
DSC04831.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04828.jpg
    DSC04828.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC04830.jpg
    DSC04830.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC04831.jpg