Hamilton 213 King Street West | 94.3m | 30s | Vrancor Development | ZO1

Nope, if I remember correctly form the drawings, this won't be flush with the McMaster building... :(

EDIT:
Dv56DbP.png

Ground Floor plan shows the interface:

1kQ2KMIh.png

There is a small covered walkway leading to the bike storage room, but yes, the sidewak will be smaller in front of this one than McMaster.

You can see how this will be clad and look in the east elevation - the baby blue dashed line is the outline of the McMaster building:

213 king elevation.png

For some reason it looks like McMaster provided the required 3 metre road widening along King, and this application managed to negotiate it down to only being provided at grade with the podium overhanging it somehow.

You sound a little ocd lol..

THE SIDEWALKS HAVE TO BE STRAIGHT! THE BUILDINGS STRAIGHT! EVERYTHING STRAIGHT!

lol

You sound a little ocd lol..

THE SIDEWALKS HAVE TO BE STRAIGHT! THE BUILDINGS STRAIGHT! EVERYTHING STRAIGHT!

lol
It's just bothersome to be weaving back and forth constantly. It's not a good pedestrian experience. Toronto does a far better job from my experience with new developments ensuring straight sidewalks. Hamilton is one of the worst in my memory for this. Hamiltons sidewalk size, directions and design are incredibly inconsistent and with both of these being totally new build, on the same street, with the same road widening requirements, I don't understand why we needed a slanted sidewalk that meanders around an odd jutout. It's just not considered good design for pedestrian space.

I know Toronto sometimes sees items placed in the sidewalk zone, but to me it just shows a complete lack of awareness that people use these every day to get around and having to weave back and forth is bothersome. Not to mention it just looks odd.

Nobody thinks this is a good idea, so don't do it on a brand new sidewalk around brand new buildings:
1000003531.jpg

43.5267909, -80.2239081

CORNICES AMD ARCHES
me and chris are the opposite of each other hahaha :p

but yes I do love my cornices and arches :p

I think they like to keep the sidewalk at a certain distance from the building - and since one juts out more than the other that's probably the reason...

and lol there is one like that beside xxx burrito - but it has the curve part AND the straight part - with trees in the middle, so I sorta get that. I like the choice lol

clearly people don't like the choice above since clearly a trail has been worn away through the grass straight across hehe..

Back