Toronto 20 Front West | 172.4m | 52s | Brookfield | KPMB

The heritage portion of the design is much better than what we currently have. The tower however, needs to be redesigned, smaller floor plate and at least 40-50 metres shorter to preserve the vista from the Gooderham building. At its current design it doesn’t compliment the complex and it ruins the skyline view. I love that it is residential, but something like this would be respectful and acceptable:View attachment 478125
It should be built with the same materials and stebacks as BCE.

Too much emphasis on height and not enough on the design quality. The current proposed design sticks out like a sore thumb.

I wonder if the general end-user move to larger floorplates effectively killer the office tower? It does seem to be better suited to residential here.

This one has really been shoehorned in. It's difficult to get a view without other towers getting in the way... It won't be very prominent in skyline views, it's too short.

Toronto Model 05-21-23 Brookfield Place III.png

Toronto Model 05-21-23 Brookfield Place III2.png

SPA filed.

Cover Letter interests me here, as it suggests that Brookfield is itching to go on this one.

"Brookfield Properties is eager to work with City of Toronto staff to establish a development
agreement and proceed with the construction of the proposed development to ultimately provide
much needed rental housing for residents of the city in a timely manner. "

1693399222048.png

1693399262232.png

1693399305631.png

1693399340811.png

December resubmission here with the following changes:
  • Total storey count increased from 51 to 52
  • Total height decreased from 182.06m to 172.4m
  • Total residential units increased from 593 to 598
  • Total bicycle parking increased from 534 to 599
Other major changes, from the cover letter:
  • Revised the Official Plan Amendment to apply to only 20-22 Front Street West
  • Decreased building height and overall massing
  • Included additional public realm improvements along the interface with the Garden Court

Updated renderings:
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - Building Perspectives_20-22FrontStW_Dec 18 2023-3.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - Building Perspectives_20-22FrontStW_Dec 18 2023-1.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - Building Perspectives_20-22FrontStW_Dec 18 2023-5.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - Building Perspectives_20-22FrontStW_Dec 18 2023-0.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - Building Perspectives_20-22FrontStW_Dec 18 2023-2.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - Building Perspectives_20-22FrontStW_Dec 18 2023-6.jpg

So the height was revised to preserve views of the CN Tower skypod and the ziggurat top of TD Canada Trust Tower? From which point though? The updated rendering shows the view from Front & Market St, but I’m sure it’s very different from Front/ Wellington & Church. I’m sure under the old proposal both landmark views would still be preserved from say, Front & Jarvis or even further east. What makes Front & Market so special as a reference point?

I'm really oh so thrilled that Brookfield is planning on bestowing an absolutely embarrassing looking, gutter trash designed building on such a prime site. They're not even attempting in the slightest to blend this in to the rest of the complex.

I wish that 3rd phase of the complex went through as originally envisioned, because these clowns arent serious right now.

I'm really oh so thrilled that Brookfield is planning on bestowing an absolutely embarrassing looking, gutter trash designed building on such a prime site. They're not even attempting in the slightest to blend this in to the rest of the complex.

I wish that 3rd phase of the complex went through as originally envisioned, because these clowns arent serious right now.
I have no opinion on the look of the building but will say that this is a fantastic location for residential!

Did the ceiling heights get lower?

Since total building height climbed 1s, and dropped 10M, that would seem likely.

However, LOL, the elevation drawings are all sideways.......... in the Arch. Files, I'm tired, been a long day, I'm not downloading them and sorting them right now to compare the details, but anyone else, have at it!

I love it that we live in a world where serious, professional people have to make things like this.

Back