Toronto 2 St Thomas | 80.46m | 26s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

Given the hot rental market and Minto's history in that biz, a luxury rental building here would make sense.

Minto already has a rental at Bay/Bloor.
I wonder how the residents of 77 Charles and 1 ST would feel having a rental building (albeit luxury) across the street from them ... LOL

Given the hot rental market and Minto's history in that biz, a luxury rental building here would make sense.

Even with a hot rental market, it would take much longer for a developer to make their profit and it's harder to get a construction loan for it.
That is where investors come in, though I'm not sure if larger higher-end condos end up being rented out than flipped like small 1-bedroom units typically do.

If it's resurrected, might we see a total redesign?

If they did, they should consider moving the tower North, and the lower element South. This would give their residents better view lines and spacing from 77 Charles & 1 Saint Thomas. The congestion right now affects views and marketability.

Bad news. Just a background on Kingsett Capital, they were Canderel's joint venture partner on Aura. Let's hope that Canderel doesn't get involved and build more cheap architecture.

HP are still involved to the best of my knowledge

Kingsett were also behind 155 Cumberland/130 Bloor, so that's pretty good.

Back