Toronto 2 Queen West | 34.44m | 7s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Perhaps another development firm will take a shot at the site now that a concept has been visualized.

Why would Cadillac Fairview sell the land to another developer considering they own most of the block?

I'd rather see CF focus on rethinking integration between Eaton Centre and the Bay block. The current Queen entrance is unbecoming of Eaton Centre IMO. That, and they need to think long and hard about the streetscape for that stretch of Queen.

AoD

Last edited:
I'd rather see CF focus on rethinking integration between Eaton Centre and the Bay block. The current Queen entrance is unbecoming of Eaton Centre IMO. That, and they need to think long and hard about the streetscape for that stretch of Queen.

AoD

I have said this before too! Considering the mall is our number one tourist attraction the tiny plaza out side of the Oakley Store/Town Shoes looks tired, looks dirty and is a horrible public space. As I wrote earlier - I'm really hoping that now that Cadillac owns the HBC property they'll think about the entire south end of the mall (including transit accessibility) from a holistic sense and that the public space, underground connection and above ground pedway will all be reconfigured and renovated. I hate that that stretch of queen street, from the Opera House to yonge, is probably one of our busiest streets for tourism, and important buildings (City Hall, Osgoode Hall) yet looks like such incongruent a$$.

And speaking of which, this just came up:

Kristyn Wong-Tam 黃慧文 ‏@kristynwongtam 1m
Excellent meeting with the fine folks of @TOEatonCentre. Innovative & exciting changes ahead. Great partnership. #tothecity #DowntownYonge

EDIT: Ah, nope! Still exciting though!

Jason Paris ‏@JasonParis 10m
@kristynwongtam @toeatoncentre Any idea when these changes will be announced? Does it have anything to do with the 2 Queen W site?

Kristyn Wong-Tam 黃慧文 ‏@kristynwongtam 35s
@JasonParis @toeatoncentre Not about 2 Queen W development. It's about new programming, civic improvements, active transportation & art.

AoD

Last edited:

AoD

Maybe they'll continue the atrium roof over the street with parallel bridges.

Maybe they'll continue the atrium roof over the street with parallel bridges.

I wonder if there is a way to continue the mall underground, connect it to the Bay and open up the street level. Expanding the above ground link is only going to make that space more oppressive and less urban. Continuing the canopy would probably look tacky and clashes with the heritage structure.

AoD

Back