Toronto 175 Cummer | 10.49m | 3s | City of Toronto | Montgomery Sisam

Lots of additional news stories tonight, starting with CBC Toronto (web-text) version...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/willowdale-supportive-housing-fight-1.7073535

From the above:

The Nimby's representitive here seems to think this may not be over:

1704327765950.png

As I noted back in July, in this post below:

I felt then that the argument being made had very little chance of success. I think there may have been arguments which might have gone the other way; but as I don't wish to provide Nimby groups an outline of how to make a nuisance of themselves I will refrain from sharing that.

Suffice to say, I question Mr Gillespie's view here.

Normally to appeal to divisional court, you need to show either an error at law or procedural unfairness. I find no obvious indication of either here; and the Nimbys should probably pack it in on this one, not only for the good of the community but of their wallets.

CityNews Toronto (VIDEO) -

From the above:

The Nimby's representitive here seems to think this may not be over:

View attachment 531202

As I noted back in July, in this post below:

I felt then that the argument being made had very little chance of success. I think there may have been arguments which might have gone the other way; but as I don't wish to provide Nimby groups an outline of how to make a nuisance of themselves I will refrain from sharing that.

Suffice to say, I question Mr Gillespie's view here.

Normally to appeal to divisional court, you need to show either an error at law or procedural unfairness. I find no obvious indication of either here; and the Nimbys should probably pack it in on this one, not only for the good of the community but of their wallets.

Any news on whether they've made any further appeals, i.e., a Rule 25 review of the Decision?

Requests for Review of Tribunal decisions may be filed under Rule 25/Section 23 of the OLT Rules of Practice and Procedure and pursuant to s.23 of the Ontario Land Tribunal Act. Please refer to the Hearings guide for more information.

via here: https://olt.gov.on.ca/decisions/

Looks like from the Rule 25/Section 23 list provided of previous decisions, the OLT usually doesn't grant these reviews.

1706041706997.png

Any news on whether they've made any further appeals, i.e., a Rule 25 review of the Decision?

Haven't heard of anything as yet.

The decision date was January 2nd, 2024; the window is 30 days from issuance; which I believe gives them til February 1st to file.

For those not familiar with Rule 25, I will offer the info below:

1706052029939.png

1706052062452.png

1706052094975.png

Source: https://olt.gov.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/OLT-Rules-and-Procedures.html#rule25

25.7 is key; and my reading of it is that there is no valid basis for a review. But that is a lay person's opinion, of course.

Well.....sigh.

The potential for more delays is there..........

An application to review the OLT decision has been filed.

So far as I know, the review, as yet, has not been granted. I maintain, it should not be.

For anyone who would like to see the docs, you can request them from the case coordinator Contact Info below:

1707169334338.png

Email: Paul.DeMedeiros@ontario.ca

Phone: (437) 217-2920

Back