Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Maybe Canadian Tire is moving out of Yonge and Eglinton? Isn't Canada Square going to be redeveloped? I admit it would be a bit weird for such an old-school company to be in such a modern building, but you never know.

There's always a way if there's demand for it. Regardless, this is one massive tower for Toronto.

It's either a bank or Bell.

Bell.. definitely won’t be them. They have their huge campus in Mississauga that was build relatively recently just for them. Floors at 100 Wynford was being renovated this summer and they have the CEO and legal department in 2 floors at Bay Adelaide East. Also field ops are head quartered down the street on Adelaide as well.

I actually like the design. It's different then the usual box. Let's hope it gets built and this is not just some unsubstantiated rumor.

Still not a fan of that odd bulbosity. It's like a misshapen sausage stuffed into too tight a skin.

The shape and bulkiness of the building only bothers me from the East and West in the revision when the building was shortened. But I have no doubt it’ll look better in real life. I’m more fond of this design than of Union Centre.

I wish they can revert back to the taller/denser version - redevelopable land in the core proper (and this close to Union Station) is getting rare.

AoD

Agreed, this site is a gold mine. In the next 10-20 years, I envision some of the shorter office buildings in the financial district being demoed to make way for future giants, maybe along University Avenue or York Street. But on the bright side in terms of height, this is still comparable to Commerce Court West and Bay Park Centre, which in my books is still sizeable for the area.

There’s chatter on SSP that CF is in advanced talks with a large Canadian retailer for 600k sqf of space in this building. Anyone with more to share please do.

The largest retailer based in Toronto is George Weston (Loblaws, Canadian Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart). Maybe they want to consolidate in a new downtown building. HBC is the only other giant retailer based here.

Last edited:
Retailer hmmmm..........................online retailer????

What did my post in the Amazon thread say again?

Something about CF????

Hmmmmm

For the record I don't KNOW anything, if you read the post in the Amazon thread.......... let's call it, informed speculation.

The largest retailer based in Toronto is George Weston (Loblaws, Canadian Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart). Maybe they want to consolidate in a new downtown building. HBC is the only other giant retailer based here.

Aren't they moving office locations into the new flagship location at 500 Lake Shore?

Back