Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

Amazing pix Dustin!
But Cadillac Fairview, FIX THAT GLAZING PANEL!!!

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 12.59.04 AM.png

Last edited:
there is a final light strip along the lip of the roof I noticed tonight - so 3 strong lines of light - really stands out at night! ...eagerly awaiting the logo

I've done a complete u-turn on this project. The simple overhanging form complements the far more interesting residential towers well, making them the stars of the show, the joined podium is effective, and the lighting is the icing (no pun intended) on the cake. I'm looking forward to seeing all the retail components finally getting filled.

I wish the City's planners paid more attention to the grain at street level. I walked by the other night, and the PWC complex has so much more visual interest going for it at the lower levels. The flat vision glass of this project just feels so sterile and unconcerned with the urban realm. The tower is fine, but the City really needs to get more ground level articulation and texture out of these developments.

For me, seeing the final branding elements of HSBC on the top of the building and at the podium, especially on the branch location on York will really make this look complete.

I do think some softscraping could do wonders to add some greenery especially around the entrances of 16, the retail entrance and ICE as well.

Back