Toronto 1540 Dupont | 11.42m | 4s | Bernard Watt

pand75

Member Bio
Reaction score
First thread post so please don't chew my head off, but I saw the sign posted at this property. This was always an amazing looking space for a great addition to the nightlife of the neighbourhood so I'm excited to see where they go with this. I walk my dog by this every day and have noticed lots of renovations through the summer, but it has stayed boarded up. Nice to see something come to fruition.

“To alter the existing two-storey mixed-use building with two residential units by adding a third and partial fourth storey (mezzanine) to accomodate two additional residential units, new side wall openings (pedestrian doors, garage door and windows), a rear second storey deck, and terraces located on the second and fourth storey. The altered mixed-use building will contain one commercial unit and four residential units. No parking spaces will be provided for this proposal.”

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I live within a short walk just north east of here, and pass by all the time. I think the old dive bar closed down sometime in summer 2020 right after the start of the pandemic. Looks like a decent bump from its current form, and helps freshen up this eastern end of the Junction Triangle retail strip.

Just need something to happen to the old Portuguese restaurant across Perth. That place could hold like a St Louis Wings or something else mid-scale

Probably not too much will happen to that place, until the old lads retire and call it a day. Here's a photo below I took one day of its iconic patio banner. But who knows, the former Portuguese chicken place on the NW corner of Dupont & Symington closed down some time in 2020 too.

I'm not too bothered by it though. The retail and restaurant scenes does better a few blocks west around Franklin and Edwin Ave. There's also a new restaurant coming to the former unit where Love Chix used to be.

20200808_084259.jpg

Probably not too much will happen to that place, until the old lads retire and call it a day. Here's a photo below I took one day of its iconic patio banner. But who knows, the former Portuguese chicken place on the NW corner of Dupont & Symington closed down some time in 2020 too.

I'm not too bothered by it though. The retail and restaurant scenes does better a few blocks west around Franklin and Edwin Ave. There's also a new restaurant coming to the former unit where Love Chix used to be.

View attachment 351781
Saw that re: Love Chix space. It’s called Ambrosial and it looks like a cannabis restaurant based on their catering company website: https://www.ambrosialcatering.com/

Weird choice

View attachment 351781
The ghost sign at Primetime Sports Cafe is from Cowan's Cocoa, which is what the Nestle factory on Sterling Rd. started out as. Love that neighbourhood connection.

Back