Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

Because they were approved before said strict guidelines and modus operandi existed.

They certainly aren't a great advert. for tall apertment buildings on the street (or any street).
The official plan for the area was developed with those buildings in place. I take it that the failure to designate the opposite corner for similarly tall blocks suggests that the current inhabitants of the area were not shouting for more of the same.
AmJ

Latest News

The OMB's decision has been officially appealed on April 8th 2010 and the OMB has 60 days to give an answer to the appeal...This means those who purchased should hear back from TAS Build Design, the latest June 9th 2010...But I hope the project goes on...the area urgently needs something of the kind to uplift the neighbourhood in my opinion !

Cheers to all :)

Just got word from TAS yesterday, all purchasers are being released from their contracts and deposits will be refunded starting in mid-July.
The letter stated that this is being done due to timeline constraints and not because of the OMB situation. The letter was dated June 7th. So even if the appeal does go through, they'll be starting sales all over again.

In other (french) words: LE FIN.

Does anyone know who the developer is appealing this decision to? The courts? Are they trying to get a re-hearing? The only way the courts will hear an appeal of an OMB case is if it's a question of law - appealing based on the planning merits of the application doesn't work because when it comes to planning, the OMB is the appeal. Unless the board member made a legal error then this decison will stand.

Tas Build Design

The appeal has been made to the OMB and they still haven't answerred back as to if they will accept to hear the case again or not so the builder has as rpeviously mentionned by someone, to refund all purchasers as of mid July. Since they own the building, I think they might draft a new project from scratch keeping the spot for location and resell at higher prices now that the market has "rebounded" from recession...Does anyone have an opinion on that ? Would purchasers get compensation with their refund ?

Have a great weekend everyone!

UB

The appeal has been made to the OMB and they still haven't answerred back as to if they will accept to hear the case again or not so the builder has as rpeviously mentionned by someone, to refund all purchasers as of mid July. Since they own the building, I think they might draft a new project from scratch keeping the spot for location and resell at higher prices now that the market has "rebounded" from recession...Does anyone have an opinion on that ? Would purchasers get compensation with their refund ?

Have a great weekend everyone!

UB

The request for the review of the decision was rejected by the OMB. The only recourse left is at Divisional Court.

We definitely need more highrise Teeple. I guess this just wasn't the location for it.

Any news re: this site? Should've called it the Bear, as it's hibernating now... 13 Jan 2011:

108vx.jpg

lost potential

It's a shame the residents in the area didn't realize the asset they lost, because a building such as Giraffe would of brought in a lot of money into the area for businesses which would lower the cost of services and the increased population would of lowered tax and cost of living. It could of been a win-win situation for everyone.

Back