Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

Those moving into this building though will likely be the pioneers of gentrification in the neighbourhood, and should see the value of their investments rise commensurately as the strip along Bloor improves.

Meanwhile, one only has a short walk south to the delights of Hugh's Room, and a couple dozen good places to eat on Roncesvalles, which is turning into one of Toronto's most interesting retail strips.

I think I'm going to need some time to digest this one because right now I think it's a disaster.

This building is daring and unique... Something that is missing in this city. Just look at the emotion it's already illicited on this thread.

People love different. It will sell out in no time. (Just like the L Tower).

I'd love to see more of it, and more like this German one posted by Grey:

aab.jpg
00_cover_01.jpg

That amazing building above in Hannover, Germany, is by Benisch & Behnisch - the same firm that designed the CCBR at UofT.

But the good news we're missing here: Teeple is gonna get to design many more condos--his Regent Park stunt got him noticed! Smart man/team. It's good to have a different interpretation of modern aesthetics--Clewes and Teeple--both worthy of more patronage imo.

Now, who will be the next hip toronto architect to land in a condo developers' gaze? Fresh Young Bold Vision wanted.

As the local culture of design edges out the culture of the development and marketing industries in determining the housing options people can have, we ought to be able to answer that question in the plural.

Also Ronc is up for what, notwithstanding a budget meltdown (fingers crossed), will be a fairly significant rebuild by the TTC, City and the local BIA, starting next year. If they do a decent job (big if, I know) it will give even more momentum to that corridor.

I'm praying that it's not a total cheap-out.

^
I know a few people on the Roncy BIA. The feeling I was getting about the project was that it was going to look pretty much the same (I wouldn't call them the most imaginative bunch). I bet the only differences will be larger tree boxes--which I believe is a new regulation anyways.

Back