Toronto 15 Toronto Street | 205.93m | 53s | Madison Group | BDP Quadrangle

Excellent fixes, particularly the 4th floor setback that seems to allow its heritage neighbour to breathe.

Thanks for this @Northern Light ... I'll ensure this is approved in short order.

New rendering added. The rendering was taken from the arch plan via Rezoning. The height changed from 201.60m to 205.93m. The unit changed from 296 units to 310 units. Total parking changed from 10 parking to 0 parking. Finally, the total bike parking changed from 323 bike parking to 366 bike parking.

@Northern Light Thank you for the update.

From this AIC Architectural Plans link, some more looks at the project materials:

15Toronto-2.jpg

15Toronto-3.jpg

At the top (mechanical penthouse)
15Toronto-4.jpg

A couple of elevations showing the tower profile:

15-Toronto-elevations.jpg

Almost forgot that tiny Toronto Street may one day also be hosting a second even taller tower, the 80 storey (258.60 metres) 23 Toronto Street.

Decent, but still not adequate as a neighbour to one of the most important 19c buildings in the city. I’d like to believe that they will deliver this as drawn, but they won’t, and the VE version could be a mess. It’s a fussy design whose success will rely on detailing and material quality. If the stone panels turn into precast, the fins become aluminum…

There’s a good model right across the street for how to handle the site: 20 Toronto, by the Marani office from the mid-1960s. Similar approach but superior in every way. Simpler.

5FFD88B9-9C78-4A88-AC8F-EF5771CF1D16.jpeg

20163614-DA66-4EE3-B0BF-E57A248E3516.jpeg

Last edited:
I love this rendering, but no way the materials will be as shown, unless BDP has figured out how to make fine stonework integrate into either window-wall or curtain-wall mullions. I hope the they spring for the columns as well to have that fine stonework reveals/fluting.

All that said, I still like this proposal, but want to see what they can do with some realistic materials.

Back