Toronto 147 Spadina | 82.8m | 24s | Hullmark | AUDAX

Preliminary Report on this one is coming to the January 6th, 2022 meeting of TEYCC:

Based on the tone in which the 'preliminary concerns' were expressed; this one may be in for a rough ride.....

1639684828682.png

I will add here, staff are also taking a questioning look at the proposed demolition of heritage here.

Last edited:
And I'm sure once all the concessions are made we'll end up with a significantly cheapened, watered down version that looks like every other proposal.

Event Information: 147 Spadina Avenue Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Wednesday, January 26, 2022 7:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:1 hour 30 minutes
Description:
Community Consultation Meeting to consider a proposal to amend the Zoning By-law to permit the redevelopment of the site with a 25-storey mixed-use building with commercial uses on the ground floor and 223 residential units above. A total of 26 car parking spaces and 248 bicycle parking spaces are proposed within a 3 level underground garage. The heritage building at 147 Spadina Avenue is proposed to be demolished.

So this one was appealed to OLT a while back now.

Of note, in light of my comments above, is that the last two scheduled CMCs ( Case Management Conferences) have both been adjourned (rescheduled to later).

I believe this to be indicative of positive discussions.

There is still no merit hearing scheduled.

The next CMC is scheduled for:

1690828466364.png

I think what's worse is now it's just a basic mechanical penthouse plopped on top, whereas it was previously incorporated into the architecture of the building. The watering down begins. I'm still holding out hope this turns out well though.

Back