Toronto 135 Yorkville | 46.33m | 11s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH

That's quite the cereal box of vibrant blue for the moment. Vague or conflicting renderings show what will possibly be white or blue-ish or silver-ish aluminum panels covering that. It's aluminium for sure, but the colour? I wonder what we'll actually get…

Today. The stone looks good.
IMG_4202.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG
IMG_4204.JPG
IMG_4205.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4202.JPG
    IMG_4202.JPG
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_4203.JPG
    IMG_4203.JPG
    751.9 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_4204.JPG
    IMG_4204.JPG
    825.3 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_4205.JPG
    IMG_4205.JPG
    650.3 KB · Views: 484
A few more looks at the stone, from today.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Still no reveal of the upper portion, but you can see a different stone (I think) material on the lower portion at grade.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Always amazed by the precision required with minimal separation distances.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 477
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 517
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 477
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 482
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 491
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 484
A huge amount of retail in the immediate area has hollowed out.

Not sure whether its a function of the constant construction at the Yorkville/Avenue intersection and 4 Seasons departure, or the pressure on retail everywhere, or if owners are allowing leases to expire so they can make major announcements when the cranes leave.

That little laneway running past CIBO is almost totally deserted.

A huge amount of retail in the immediate area has hollowed out.

Not sure whether its a function of the constant construction at the Yorkville/Avenue intersection and 4 Seasons departure, or the pressure on retail everywhere, or if owners are allowing leases to expire so they can make major announcements when the cranes leave.

That little laneway running past CIBO is almost totally deserted.

Huh? What are you referring to? Retail in Yorkville is booming and there are many expansion plans currently underway and planned.

The laneway between CIBO and 135 Yorkville has seen some turnover, but that's not unusual (and one of those retail units is very newly vacated because the 1 Yorkville sales office just closed down).

Relatedly, Contraband will apparently be moving into a retail unit in this development at some point.

Huh? What are you referring to? Retail in Yorkville is booming and there are many expansion plans currently underway and planned.

The laneway between CIBO and 135 Yorkville has seen some turnover, but that's not unusual (and one of those retail units is very newly vacated because the 1 Yorkville sales office just closed down).

Relatedly, Contraband will apparently be moving into a retail unit in this development at some point.

I'm referring to Yorkville. The laneway has seen more than turnover, its almost entirely empty and has been for ages. So is everything underneath Rennaissance tower. All those mini plaza's on the south side of Cumberland are filled with garbage retail. There are many empty or struggling shops. Hazelton Lanes is moving slowly. Parts of 38 Avenue Road are empty. I could go on.

Well isn't a strip of retail about to be teared down and a new build (on Yorkville) ? You're right there was a long strip of empty stores that had lease signs on them but I think a big chunk was for said development ?

Back