Hamilton 129-131 Wellington Street North | 15.19m | 4s | WQP | RAW Design

Its certainly nothing memorable but not the absolute worst when looking at it in person and still better than many buildings that have been built in Hamilton over the recent decades. I know it has been mentioned that we shouldn't just be satisfied with anything built but its still progress in the right direction (generally). Until more infill happens that brings in more people and Hamilton becomes more and more vibrant, I think we have to balance our expectations of what developers are willing to build. Even though I live here and very much like Hamilton, I hardly would consider it desirable.

Not in love with this one, however the scale is good for the area. And quite honestly, surprised that investment actually came to Wellington North before so may other sites in and around the downtown.

I am sure some renovator will see those faux insets and think, I could make this place a whole bunch brighter inside by punching a window in the odd one.

Not in love with this one, however the scale is good for the area. And quite honestly, surprised that investment actually came to Wellington North before so may other sites in and around the downtown.

I am sure some renovator will see those faux insets and think, I could make this place a whole bunch brighter inside by punching a window in the odd one.
You do have a point there - in future someone could punch out those windows, add a cornice to the top and make it look "better", so there is at least that hope for the future. I really want to know the reasoning behind that - what is going on with the interior floor plans to have merited this move? Do we have interior floor plans of this?

Today, these look rough as hell, but... I guess it's okay for infill. Also for some reason their fencing had barbed wire on top, almost sliced my hand...
1000008598.jpg

1000008600.jpg
1000008599.jpg
1000008601.jpg
1000008602.jpg

It's too bad, this project had a lot of potential. The initial design looked great... the execution, not so much
Things like seams and ventilation punchouts are never included in the renders - as we've all discussed to death that weird treatment of the windows really did this one in, that and the horrible seams. It just looks too much like precast panels with nothing to offset that.

Things like seams and ventilation punchouts are never included in the renders - as we've all discussed to death that weird treatment of the windows really did this one in, that and the horrible seams. It just looks too much like precast panels with nothing to offset that.
Couldn't agree more, the bricked window treatments ruined the whole thing. I still can't figure out the rationale behind that

Back