News   Jul 09, 2024
 723     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 595     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Anyone care to enlighten my as to what the response to TTC12's e-mail question to On The Rocket was?

Thanks!

I apologize for getting your hopes up, and mine... They didn't answer it, it wasn't even asked... this show is wasted on stupid questions about why buses are so close together, and Drivers being mean..

I apologize for getting your hopes up, and mine... They didn't answer it, it wasn't even asked... this show is wasted on stupid questions about why buses are so close together, and Drivers being mean..

How very typical. All the important things are left out and Giambrone and the others breathe sighs of relief.

this show is wasted on stupid questions about why buses are so close together, and Drivers being mean..

Because the other million plus people who take the system each day really wonder as they are waiting for the next 3 buses on their FS route to appear when the super-duper trains are coming.

I think I actually heard the sound of my eyes rolling.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The pain booth at Hillcrest is for buses and streetcars only, even if you bused the subway car there it would be hard to bring it inside as the transfer table is not equiped for subways. There is a paint booth at Greenwood Shop but that is for only minor repairs not for a full scale paint job.

It's not necessary to 'paint' it. A sealant/protectant or stain could have been applied to ensure that it grime doesn't adhere to the surface

The acid wash used on exterior washes would eat away on the sealant so it would not work.

^ I am sure you are aware that there are sealants and protectants that are resistant to the acid washes used to clean vehicles. If the TTC seems to think this is rocket science, they should talk to engineers in the aerospace or defence sector.

If they think grime on a subway train is a problem, they need to chat with air force engineers who cope with combat helicopters being exposed to dust storms in Afghanistan.

I dont think it is a problem and if the trains are washed on a regular basis like they are the grime does not build up. Trains are usually washed every 30 days so there is no reason to spend money on consultans and Engineering geeks when the present system works just fine. Painting them is out of the question for the sole reason we still get the trains grafittied and scratchttied just think how much time and money it will take to repair the damage done.

I still dont understand why they keep going onto the property and doing their art work when that train will and I repeat will never leave the yard.

I still dont understand why they keep going onto the property and doing their art work when that train will and I repeat will never leave the yard.

I guess the taggers in question probably go home and tell themselves that:

1) They are the only person ever brave enough to hop the Wilson fence and mark up a car. The fact they've never seen a tagged subway car only proves this.

2) Their work must be circulating "out there" somewhere on the system, reminding everyone else of their complete daring badassery, and it's only just a string of bad luck that every train they've ever seen in a station hasn't had any on it.

:)

I remember reading a cool magazine piece somewhere ages ago about how the graffiti community and mainline railways have come to something an unofficial truce on this issue. IIRC, a sort of "code" had emerged where "responsible" artists took it upon themselves to never paint over identifying numbers on railcars and took the lead in ensuring the community was aware of safety issues, in exchange for yard staff turning a somewhat blind eye.

Its kind of hard to do it at Wilson Yard but they have hit Davisville Yard numerous times. The most popular time is long weekend as this yard is closed on weekends. Last year Special Constables had a sting operation on the yard and were doing servailance but sadly none came. One of the Constables was showing me pictures of the tags they collect and enter them into a special data base which they share with other law enforcement agencies. These people come from as far away as Dallas to do their work on our subway cars.

Dallas in the USA? If so wow....

What happens to the trains that are vandalized. I've seen some retired H sries cars tagged. But what happens if a T1 is painted or any rollingstock model ? Do they wash it or just leave it.... I heard that there were some trains at wilson which were covered in graffiti.. I wonder what models they were.

Yes Dallas as the one from USA :D

When a train is found in the yard it is taken inside and cleaned by hand, it usually takes 2 employees a good six hours to completely take it off.

Remake of technical drawing on bombardier website for TR

Remake of technical drawing on bombardier website for TR:D

Attachments

• P2-Metros_Toronto-Rocket REmake.gif
    P2-Metros_Toronto-Rocket REmake.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 259
Its kind of hard to do it at Wilson Yard but they have hit Davisville Yard numerous times. The most popular time is long weekend as this yard is closed on weekends. Last year Special Constables had a sting operation on the yard and were doing servailance but sadly none came. One of the Constables was showing me pictures of the tags they collect and enter them into a special data base which they share with other law enforcement agencies. These people come from as far away as Dallas to do their work on our subway cars.

While their tag won't be seen on a circulating car, I guess that there is "immortality" when their tag is in a database, along with all of the locations they managed to travel to and hit....

Back