News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 486     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

And what do they plan to do with the H series subway cars, send them to the scrap heap, or in addition to that dump them in the sea to create coral reefs perhaps.

As you pointed out, the vehicle sizes are quite similar, which I don't think is what people are complaining about for Transit City. Rather, Transit City is not a "light rail... operating entirely in right-of-ways with protected crossings" since it is not grade separated or separated by gates. The main concern isn't about heavy rail or light rail - more about the speed improvement from having grade separation or protected crossings. If Transit City LRT runs as fast or faster than the subway, I don't think people would complain what kind of vehicle they're in. Sidenote - the LA Gold Line is a LRT with protected crossings and I'm pretty sure it operates faster than our subway. If this is what transit city is, i dont think people would have a problem with that.

Fair enough, I should have mentioned that this was in the assumption of true LRT (full signal priority/protected crossings, spaced out stops, etc.) rather than the European tramway design that we are getting instead. But with all the anti-Miller politicing, I'm sure the candidates would have still referred to it as "Streetcar City" even if it was rapid transit. At least if they used subway cars (assuming the modifications to the network I mentioned in my post), it could take the steam out of some of those arguments.

Also, according to Wikipedia (I know, I know...), LRVs are actually heavier than metro trains in case of an accident while operating in traffic.

Those coincidences happen to me a lot too. It seems like every 3rd or 4th subway ride I take on B-D I get one of the two remaining H3s (I think it's H3, the only ones that still have the orange benches in them). The odds of that happening are pretty low, but it seems to happen to be quite a bit.

It's actually an H-4. H-3's were actually H-2's with Chopper control.

The H-4's still have a good presence on the B-D line. I even rode an H-4 at 11:00 one night.

Last edited:
I've been noticing a ton more of the H-series trains on the YUS line...are they moving them there so they can junk 'em when the TRs arrive?

Not sure why this surprises you as the H5 trains run on the YUS line.

Once in a while you may notice a few B-D trains going up to Davisville, they are only going there to be exterior washed.

Too bad our new trains don't look as good as those. It seems that we could learn something from their stations, like the fact that natural stone is a great cladding material. Do these things matter? Well, the way a large city fashions itself goes a long way towards how its residents feel about it and the identity it forms internationally.

did you see how narrow the platforms are? Thats some 3rd world safety there lol. Id rather have our stations.

It's actually an H-4. H-3's were actually H-2's with Chopper control.

The H-4's still have a good presence on the B-D line. I even rode an H-4 at 11:00 one night.

Yeah, I've hit a few of them at that time too. For the older people on the forum here, were they always that loud and shaky (I can only judge by how they are now, I wasn't around when they were new, or newer :p)? Or is their age just starting to show? I find the ride on the H-4s to be substantially louder and more shaky than on any of the newer cars.

Yeah, I've hit a few of them at that time too. For the older people on the forum here, were they always that loud and shaky (I can only judge by how they are now, I wasn't around when they were new, or newer :p)? Or is their age just starting to show? I find the ride on the H-4s to be substantially louder and more shaky than on any of the newer cars.

The H4's seem to have their lights flicker a lot these day's too. Sometimes they go off completely between stations.

The H4's seem to have their lights flicker a lot these day's too. Sometimes they go off completely between stations.

I remember the flicker from when I used to ride the B-D regularly 10 years ago. If I'm not mistaken the trians lighting was tied into the 3'rd rail power pick up and now there is a different setup. Though I'm probably wrong and a trip to Trainsit Toronto will confirm.

Per Agram: "As it looks now my prediction still stands these trains will not be in service before late March or early April."

Someone told me they heard that there will be a TR in fare service in December. Can that be true?

Last edited:

Back