Toronto 123 Portland | 49.3m | 14s | Minto Group | Sweeny &Co

Last night / today 🌳
IMG_8847.JPG

IMG_8878.JPG

IMG_8860.jpg

That railing is unfortunate. Portland is a street used by a lot of pedestrians getting to and from Queen Street, the language school nextdoor, and the nearby Loblaws/Winners. I understand there is a grade difference or change at that laneway but the sidewalk could easily be sloped to accommodate it. Blocking part of the sidewalk is offensive.
I also saw the interior of the lobby at night and the lighting looks horrible (maybe it’s not fully installed yet). I will try to take some pics of it.

Shot during a super rare event for me: out past 7! Portland was very busy on Saturday night basically its entire length. The two retail units here are under active negotiations and may be combined. The lights in the building and along the sidewalk make such a difference! And a little street art near Queen and Portland.
IMG_2483.jpeg
IMG_2484.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpeg
    IMG_2484.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 9
I like the benches set across from each other. I saw a lot of that in Montreal and I think it'll encourages people to linger over conversation on the street which will, in turn, lead to a more convivial atmosphere.

July 2 - Building exterior looks complete. The second photo shows a very last touch underway - the protective covers of the Toronto Hydro lines are being removed along the Adelaide Street frontage of the building. Hopefully the final lane closure barriers can then be removed.

20240702_115953.jpg

20240702_120007.jpg

Back