Toronto 1075 Bay | 210.25m | 59s | Canderel | Hariri Pontarini

This is literally just going to be exactly like the non-curved section of Aura, except with punched out balconies. Which is a shame, because the curved portion of Aura is the only redeeming part of that building.

I swear I recall reading years back that Toronto was going to limit how much of a building can be clad in glass, I believe for environmental reasons, yet there still seems to be plenty of all glass developments. Was that never enacted, or am I just misremembering? Either way I sure wish it was embraced because this city is becoming consumed by a sea of monotonous glass.

The architectural plans has more info on the materials:

1635279045030.png

1635279101674.png

AoD

More garbage from Canderel? That HPA continues to collaborate on projects like this reflects poorly on them too. How low are they willing to stoop to financially enrich themselves? Apparently, quite low.

More garbage from Canderel? That HPA continues to collaborate on projects like this reflects poorly on them too. How low are they willing to stoop to financially enrich themselves? Apparently, quite low.
The way I see it, the firm is split into two factions. The one led by Siamak Hariri takes on very high-quality projects. The other one is led by David Pontarini, and they are the ones that work on condo projects. The variances in quality are very big in Pontarini's faction and I think are dependent on the developer's willingness to invest in architecture. I wish it wasn't like this, because HPA has done some very beautiful work and I wish that was their only focus.

For a tower with some angled lines added to it, Eau du Soleil looks so much nicer than this.
Also reminds me of Garrison Point, but with less emphasis on the lines.

Last edited:
I swear I recall reading years back that Toronto was going to limit how much of a building can be clad in glass, I believe for environmental reasons, yet there still seems to be plenty of all glass developments. Was that never enacted, or am I just misremembering? Either way I sure wish it was embraced because this city is becoming consumed by a sea of monotonous glass.

Drives me nuts.

Back