Toronto 1075 Bay | 210.25m | 59s | Canderel | Hariri Pontarini

Why did they knock down the height! The hieght and slender looks of this building would triumph towering over Queens Park . If anything make it higher!
Dropped from 66 stories to 59. Exact reasons aren’t given, but the cover letter implies that this was done after extensive negotiations with the city, and coming to a proposal that the two parties could live with.

Can’t tell more unless there’s someone in the know.

From the Cover letter, we find a side by side statistical comparison between the original and current proposals:

1617892404950.png

There's actually some decent info in this letter, but it's far too long to post it all.

Of note to me.

Currently no trees proposed for Bay Street due to utility conflicts. A major THES conduit (hydro) is 1M below grade.

Interest from the neighbours in seeing a beautification of St. Mary Street, beyond the immediate development area.

Canderel willing to do that if its part of the agreed on 'section 37'/community benefits for the site.

There's not much of a difference between this and the original design. So a sidegrade?
I was kinda digging the slanted glass that connected the podium to the building in the original design. It felt a little smoother. I guess it is justa sidegrade 😅

I think this is an *upgrade* from the original. The folds/cutaways seems less gimmicky now. The tower and base work better together. It's more resolved, more urban. Altogether, it's more pleasing to my eyes.

From the Cover letter, we find a side by side statistical comparison between the original and current proposals:

View attachment 311349

There's actually some decent info in this letter, but it's far too long to post it all.

Of note to me.

Currently no trees proposed for Bay Street due to utility conflicts. A major THES conduit (hydro) is 1M below grade.

Interest from the neighbours in seeing a beautification of St. Mary Street, beyond the immediate development area.

Canderel willing to do that if its part of the agreed on 'section 37'/community benefits for the site.
Yes please to the beautification of St. Mary St. as part of this deal. If/when this project does ahead, I will be a next-door neighbour, and would much appreciate a facelift (for the street, not me!! lol).

Yes please to the beautification of St. Mary St. as part of this deal. If/when this project does ahead, I will be a next-door neighbour, and would much appreciate a facelift (for the street, not me!! lol).

Write the planner and the Councillor saying that's a key benefit you want.

It does make a difference.

Back